Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #4,981 of 7,509
Quote:
Hey could you possibly stack the M10 and the PB2 so I can get an idea of size? It's always hard to judge from pictures and specs.

OK - no problem - maybe tonight.  
smile.gif

Stay tuned...

May 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #4,982 of 7,509
Quote:
Mike

It's good to see your around my friend. I see you're still with the same LCD-2s :) Last week I came so close to buying a PB2 + DB2 combo but I wasn't sure if the balanced stuff is really worth for custom iems as I don't intend to use them with my Hifimans 

Hey!

Glad to see you, too!  

I think you made the right decision - you just don't need the power with your IEMs.   Some, like Ianmedium's ER4S, are amazingly inefficient and thus thrive when given more power.

Mike

May 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #4,984 of 7,509
May 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #4,988 of 7,509
Quote:

Pocketable is all that matters :)

You're gear sounds just as good if not close to any of those other 10 pound "portable" rigs, and you look less like a beefhead

I don't know if it qualifies as humble since that's the most expensive DAP on the market right now (that I'm aware of). I hope it doesn't sound humble.

May 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #4,989 of 7,509
Quote:
I don't know if it qualifies as humble since that's the most expensive DAP on the market right now (that I'm aware of). I hope it doesn't sound humble.

I'm sure he means "Allow me to humbly display my kick-ass portable rig." Which in itself is kind of contradictory, as this thread, by nature, is a show-off thread. It reminds me of when tennis players apologize that their winning shot hit the net. They're not really sorry, but it's just a conditioned social response to be humble/sorry, or at least on the outside appear so. Not that mogumagnus or others who post in such a way are not truly humble in their daily lives, but humility has no place in this thread. And even so some rigs shown here are humble by definition. It can be relative I guess.

I do wish I could at least taste test a DX100 though myself.

May 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #4,990 of 7,509
Pocketable is all that matters :)

You're gear sounds just as good if not close to any of those other 10 pound "portable" rigs, and you look less like a beefhead

Not that I am offended...but as a Beefhead.... I don't give a monkey' xxxx what others think of my rig. If it sounds great it is welcomed to my arsenal.

Has anyone tried pulling pure digital off the Dx and sending it to an external dac?

I am still hanging out to have a listen to the Dx and will probably buy one but I also can't see that the Dx will have the same spacious sound as a balanced amp. For me personally, the Pb2 Has taken my CLAS up a whole another level in 3D sound.

May 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #4,994 of 7,509
Quote:
Felt like the polite thing to say being new, and that my rig still costs less than some of the other rigs with discrete amps and CIEMs.
wink.gif

Oh, I didn't mean anything negative by what I wrote - it was kind of funny to me. I probably shouldn't have said anything at all - things can quickly become a pissing match for no good reason on this site and I never want to be a part of something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back