Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #4,938 of 7,509
Quote:
They're some really nice photos, what camera did you use?

Thanks! It's actually just an entry-level Sony a330. Just goes to show even a basic DSLR can blow away a point-and-shoot, let alone a phone camera. Just like how even the lowest Fiio amp can blow away most built-in amps. 
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #4,940 of 7,509
Quote:

I didn't know the new A161's had been released. Gorgeous pics my friend, so how does the new Meelectronis flagship sound?

May 6, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #4,941 of 7,509
Quote:
I know the Cowon D3 hasn't gotten much love here, but honestly, taken purely as a music source, it fits my needs perfectly. It is definitely flawed as a general android device, but I can live with the extra 1-2 secs to change tracks in exchange for digital output. I bought it refurbished for $150, and so far I consider it an upgrade from my old Sony Walkman X.

I know the Z2 just came out, and the J3 is arguably a better pure music source, but the S/PDIF is a boon for me with my home receivers. I modded the length of this particular Cowon A/V cable for use with an iBasso D10. So far I like the sound through PowerAmp with all sound processing turned off. 

I love this setup. That very low profile cable is very nice. Soon my D10 will be replaced by the Leckerton UHA-6S MKII :)

May 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #4,943 of 7,509
Quote:
I didn't know the new A161's had been released. Gorgeous pics my friend, so how does the new Meelectronis flagship sound?

I've not yet had the time to listen other than a few seconds and take the pictures as they just came in last night. I don't really have an opinion on sound yet other than they are very clear and they're meant for smartphones like the iphone or computer use if you need a mic. So far they do not have a A161P without the phone/pc options that would be better for DAPs and from what I heard they won't:/ After a few weeks of listening I'll be writing a review for abi and I'll post links here. Thanks for the comment on pictures :) BTW they're Jamaican scotch bonnet peppers I grow in backyard...

May 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #4,944 of 7,509
Quote:
I've not yet had the time to listen other than a few seconds and take the pictures as they just came in last night. I don't really have an opinion on sound yet other than they are very clear and they're meant for smartphones like the iphone or computer use if you need a mic. So far they do not have a A161P without the phone/pc options that would be better for DAPs and from what I heard they won't:/ After a few weeks of listening I'll be writing a review for abi and I'll post links here. Thanks for the comment on pictures :) BTW they're Jamaican scotch bonnet peppers I grow in backyard...

Why would taking the mic away be better for DAPs, just curious?

May 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #4,945 of 7,509
Quote:

I love this setup. That very low profile cable is very nice. Soon my D10 will be replaced by the Leckerton UHA-6S MKII :)

Thanks RAFA. Yea I was thinking of upgrading my D10 eventually as well (sorry for my wallet!). I can't seem to find anything on the UHA-6S MKII. The first version doesn't seem to support coax, only optical. Let me know how it goes though!

May 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #4,946 of 7,509
Quote:

Thanks RAFA. Yea I was thinking of upgrading my D10 eventually as well (sorry for my wallet!). I can't seem to find anything on the UHA-6S MKII. The first version doesn't seem to support coax, only optical. Let me know how it goes though!

Here is the relevant thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/602493/new-leckerton-amp-announced

The most important changes are the coax spdif instead of optical and the smaller form factor.

May 6, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #4,947 of 7,509
Quote:
Why would taking the mic away be better for DAPs, just curious?

IMHO a mic is more for phone or pc/laptop use. I just don’t see the need for a mic on a DAP (digital audio player) unless you need to use voiced menus. Although if you are the type that likes to use IEMs on your phone regularly then I can see it makes perfect sense to receive calls. Guess I'm not a convergence type of person and prefer a DAP separate than my phone even though my phone does tunes [size=12.0pt]♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ [/size]

May 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #4,949 of 7,509
Quote:

Refoamed the case and have been trying out the Westone 4R IEMs.

Very nice setup!  Where'd you order the foam from?  I want to do something similar for my IEMS and Walkman.  Now, looking at your gear, are you afraid to drop that on your feet?

May 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #4,950 of 7,509
Quote:
Very nice setup!  Where'd you order the foam from?  I want to do something similar for my IEMS and Walkman.  Now, looking at your gear, are you afraid to drop that on your feet?

I got replacement "Pick-n-pluck" foam from my local Pelican case dealer. I'm actually not afraid of much with my kit in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back