Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #4,802 of 7,509

Quote:

your phone's rear camera is getting blocked!
Don't you use it?

Well, that's the beauty of dual lock - I can unsnap the fiio in a second and I'm ready to take photos and when I'm done I can snap it back on the phone. I could put the fiio lower but decided to put it that way so I can have easy access to its potentiometer

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #4,804 of 7,509

Quote:
They were working on our electrical service to our office today, so we went to a local Starbucks for several hours. I brought the Fostex HP-A3 USB DAC and a bunch of headphones. In this photo (below) is the V-MODA Crossfade LP2.

​
(Click on the photo to see it full-size.)
 ​
The headphones in this photo (below) are (from left to right) the Koss PortaPro KTC (Koss Touch Control), which is a PortaPro with a three-button control/mic cable; the V-MODA Crossfade LP2; and the Sennheiser Amperior (in blue).

(Click on the photo to see it full-size.)
 ​

Cool coincidence: Mike Dias just posted an article here on Head-Fi about the Carolina Chocolate Drops. As many of you know, most Starbucks locations now sell CD's. While I was paying for my coffee, I was flipping through their small CD selection, and noticed that two albums--the soundtrack for The Hunger Games, and The Chieftains' new Voice of Age album--both had contributions from the Carolina Chocolate Drops! I had to pick them both up.

Cool setup , im still waiting for someone to review the Sennheiser amperior

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #4,805 of 7,509

Quote:

This is the rig for now until I can save enough money to grab a pair of Grado SR60's or Shure SE215/SoundMagic E10 and a Fiio E6.  I know my headphones are a fail but gimme a break I'm a newbie audiophile not as awesomely hardcore as you guys yet.  All of you guys got some really awesome setups! 
cool.gif

HAHAHAHAHA....wait thats better than beats by Dr Dre (value for money)

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #4,806 of 7,509

NuForce NE-700X's currently in my ears, just got back from home where I had the FiiO LOD and the 3M Low Profile Dual Lock waiting for me. 

Setup:
iPod 7th Gen --> FiiO L9 --> Pico Slim --> NuForce NE-700X

Also got the Scunci No-Slip Grip hair bands this morning to hold the Pico Slim in the leather case when mounted. The Low Profile Dual Lock stuff is just slightly thinner than the gap it creates but its all pretty flush together when I cut two strips (one for each side) to go on each side of the band holding the Slim in it's case. 

Positioned the Pico Slim for optimal comfort for my hand (left and right) to control the volume of the Pico Slim when it's mount as well. 

Now just for my AS-1b's to arrive and my Chris_Himself LOD to arrive and I'm pretty set for now. Might be taking my old 5.5gen iPod and upgrade the internal HDD to 240Gb's and then eventually diyMod it as well (with internal caps for ultimate portability)

EDIT: Oh, and I know this amount of amping and such might be pointless/not very useful for the NE-700X's but it is all in preparation for having a very legitimate setup to pair with my Aurisonics AS-1b's I will be receiving soon, which should be able to take full advantage of the resources of the Pico Slim and the cables/iPod LOD

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #4,808 of 7,509

Quote:
Diymod with custom front plate/back cover with internal Elna Silmic II caps --> ALO Audio cooper LOD --> Digizoid 2.3 --> JH-5s. Goes perfect with my DIY e-cig mod in an altoids tin.

nybviq.jpg

I have a DIYmod with internal Elna Cerafine caps. Did you make the custom front / back plate yourself?

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #4,809 of 7,509

Quote:
Yeah, the Galaxy S with voodoo sound and neutron player sounds awesome. The iem with the SGS is philips she9850 with shure olives, which is one of my older iems but since I lost my ie7 like 2 weeks ago I still haven't decided what new iem to buy (maybe GR01 or the new DBA-02) and I really love its smooth mids.

Neutron player?  better than power amp?  I love the features of poweramp, organization, search, crossfading, plug to play/unplug to pause, etc...    I have heard someone say a different player was better in sound quality than Poweramp, though....

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #4,811 of 7,509
As far as Sony's go, I've heard great things about the new MDR-Zxxx series. I tried out a pair at Best Buy a while ago. I think they were the ZX700's ( not for sure though, but can't imagine they'd have one of the higher end models out for people to sample ).. Amon Tobin's ISAM sounded fantastic straight of my iPod Touch.

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #4,812 of 7,509

5th gen DIYmod ipod Video with internal Elna Cerafine caps + 128gb CF card > DIY low profile Toxic Cables Silver LOD > TTVJ Slim > TC Silver DIY IEM cable > TF 10.

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #4,814 of 7,509
Fabulous setup!  How you like the Slim?  I think I may want one... that or the C241.
Quote:
5th gen DIYmod ipod Video with internal Elna Cerafine caps + 128gb CF card > DIY low profile Toxic Cables Silver LOD > TTVJ Slim > TC Silver DIY IEM cable > TF 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back