Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #4,381 of 7,509
Thank you kindly sir...purchased very recently off a fellow head-fier...

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #4,383 of 7,509

My deepest thanks to ANYONE, who helped in making such a wonderful CIEM, THANKS HARVEY..

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #4,385 of 7,509

Quote:
I have this headphone

then I joined the forum, then it made me buy this

this

this

this

then I became addicted, so I buy/made some more

but I cant compete (quantity and quality wise ??) to 99% of the guys here :D

at the end of the day..

--whatever makes you happy & whatever you hear sounds good, deal with it..  dont pressure yourself like what I did :D

Thanks for the advice!  Are those MX100's?  I've never seen that color they look pretty awesome.  Did you do that yourself?  It's weird you have the same setup I am saving to get! What do you think of the Fiio E5? I saw that is was cheaper than the E6 and was tempted but mediocre reviews kinda drove me to the E6.

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #4,386 of 7,509
Apr 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #4,389 of 7,509
LMAO...thinking of custom IEMs for myself, but still recovering from getting my Grados...any recommendations for a first pair?

How about a pair of 1964 Ts or Qs? They're much less than some of the other options and have been received well. If I could use IEMs I'd own a pair already.

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #4,390 of 7,509
Turokrocks- great rig. Are the Jh's new? How do they sound with the Dx100? I am just about to get the Alo rx3 to complete, hopefully, my brick. It is tempting to get a DX100 as a more compact rig too.

If your JH's are new, I found that mine opened up quite a lot after about 25 hours of breaking in. Mainly in sparkle and top end improvement. The bass was always awesome.

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #4,391 of 7,509
Pop on over the the Heir audio thread too.  I hear nothing but Great things said about the 4.A (which I have on order).

Quote:
LMAO...thinking of custom IEMs for myself, but still recovering from getting my Grados...any recommendations for a first pair?

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #4,392 of 7,509

Quote:
Turokrocks- great rig. Are the Jh's new? How do they sound with the Dx100? I am just about to get the Alo rx3 to complete, hopefully, my brick. It is tempting to get a DX100 as a more compact rig too.
If your JH's are new, I found that mine opened up quite a lot after about 25 hours of breaking in. Mainly in sparkle and top end improvement. The bass was always awesome.

Yes they are, and they sound great, for me, truly a new dimension of sound with the DX100 (please check my thread and the DX100 for info before  ...), Hope so.
Remember its all about having fun and enjoying.

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #4,393 of 7,509
I been looking for a set of mid-tier customs, but havent kept track of head-fi lately...last was 1964 getting some good reviews but enver heard of heir audio.  Are there any more custom iem makers that popped up recently?

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #4,394 of 7,509

Quote:
I been looking for a set of mid-tier customs, but havent kept track of head-fi lately...last was 1964 getting some good reviews but enver heard of heir audio.  Are there any more custom iem makers that popped up recently?

1964 Ears are supposedly still some of the best for the money.

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #4,395 of 7,509
thanks for the info.  Been wanting to try the quads since i heard of them.   then heir audio seemed nice...especially at the pricepoint...but found out they are based in china? (somewhere in asia) and shipping would pretty much even out the two prices of the quads and ac.4 (think thats the name of it).  looking for a nice companion to my jh13's.  if i could find some used quads for 250...that would be splendid. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back