Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 26, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #4,277 of 7,509
sonydiscmand-4andsonywalkmanmp3playerwiththinksoundrains.jpg

No amps necessary.

Sony D-4 cd player (from 1988)

Sony Walkman 16gb

and Thinksound Rains

They're so efficient I can run them through the cd player's line out and be happy. :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #4,278 of 7,509
Updated a bit.

Got my Arrow 4G in today. Have to say it was well worth the wait. Just what I was looking for. Sounds fantastic, plays with my 8.A's very well, and almost more importantly, the whole set up is understated and can easily be slipped into my backpocket when on the move. A MUST for me.

160gb IPOD  ---> Low Pro LOD ---> Arrow 4G ----> Heir Audio 8.A

Sorry for the crappy pics, as you can see my good camera is down waiting for batteries.

Slightly diffrerent sized amps.
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #4,279 of 7,509
eek.gif
eek.gif
if i see you i'll come up and ask you why aren't you wearing beats.. then i'll run off with your hd800's
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Usually I have a few hours mid day so I sit in the park or something, or go visit the local Apple Store. If theres not too much noise they are fine, if theres more noise, crank em up a bit. No one in Toronto knows them, so if that doesn't change I guess Il use them on the streets - I guess If I had Beats my chances of getting mugged would be higher than if I would carry lets say the SR009 =P

And when it gets too noisy I just pop in my IEM's.  

Sennheisers are so light and comfy ^_^

And the Toronto subway is so silent compared to russia, my god, during non-rush hours you can listen to open headphones no problem.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #4,280 of 7,509
And who wears sunglasses inside the train? :p

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #4,284 of 7,509

Quote:
Updated a bit.

Got my Arrow 4G in today. Have to say it was well worth the wait. Just what I was looking for. Sounds fantastic, plays with my 8.A's very well, and almost more importantly, the whole set up is understated and can easily be slipped into my backpocket when on the move. A MUST for me.

160gb IPOD  ---> Low Pro LOD ---> Arrow 4G ----> Heir Audio 8.A

Sorry for the crappy pics, as you can see my good camera is down waiting for batteries.

Slightly diffrerent sized amps.
tongue.gif

How does the bass boost work out with your 8.A's? I've heard the bass is quite special on them already, does it add anything on 1 or 2? 

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #4,290 of 7,509
Dr. Dre didn't do anything in any case. It's Monster who designed the Beats IRRC.

But true enough, I once opened up a pair of a classmate in order to repair them. What I found inside was just a driver covered by hard plastic bolted to some more plastic. No damping whatsoever. I didn't look inside the driver itself, as that was glued together, but I doubt that much good is going on inside there either. If it means anything, the magnetic strength was also very low; it could hardly lift a screw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back