Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #4,101 of 7,509

Quote:
How are you liking the SE315's?

When I first purchased them, about a month ago, I was shocked at how much I didn't like about them. They sounded shrill, vocals felt miles away, and the bass was neutered and left to die in a corner somewhere. 

After actually listening to them for a couple of hours instead of nitpicking, I was pleasantly surprised. This is coming from a pair of IE6 ear phones which I had for a year. I'm not sure if it was a combination of burn in and "ear and mind burn in", but the little 315s really are my preferred in ear now. The IE6's base sounds bloated in comparison, while the 315 bass is tight and impact full. The 315s are also much, much better at detail retrieval than the IE 6's. I still prefer IE6 for vocals though....just like that smooth sennheiser sound. =)

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #4,102 of 7,509
Here's my humble rig 
redface.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #4,105 of 7,509

Quote:
How are you liking the ZO2 out of a phone? Haven't seen many people amp an Android phone yet. What sort of headphones/IEMs are you using with that? FLAC? 320? Music App?

Well the ZO2 has the smallest EMI so far vs the E11 and A10, so no complaints there.
I'm currently using the Atrio MG7's with my SGS i9000 on GB 2.3.6
I have 256-320kb music and using it via poweramp with a little EQ for the MG7's (highs + mids)

Quote:
Here's my humble rig 
redface.gif

very nice first post!
And welcome to head-fi :)

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #4,108 of 7,509
Quote:
Enjoying the day with the pooch.

Have you ever tried the Kindle's Mp3 player? It's experimental, with no volume control and you can only skip from song to song or just let them play in order.

I ripped an album @ 360 kbps and loaded it to my Kindle and the output was "just right" for my MS 400s. I was surprised at how good it sounds.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #4,110 of 7,509
Quote:
Maybe not that high fidelity, but certainly lots of it.
How do you like the Exodus? They certainly look peculiar.
Could you also check whether I got everything right?

Concerning the Exodus, I enjoy the SQ and plentiful lower end but admit these could use some sparkle, however the comfort of the phones (on my large head) is a bit painful but for the most part worth the complements from classmates. When listening at home, I often remove my glasses to stop my ears from pulsing. As it so happens, I'll be taking these to a local shoe cobbler this week to ask if he could somehow loosen the leather headband and relieve the upwards pull Tyll warned against in his review of the Marley's (I myself won't be stapling these beauties anytime soon) Bottom line, i could enjoy wearing these for an hour or so without much trouble, the pain only occurs when I take them off and my ears are sore.

Your caption is accurate except for the UE 350's (which I can't seem to find) are actually my Sony Piiq Qlasp. Those and a Sansa Clip comprise an ultra-light excersise rig.

On another note, I myself have a selection of instumental music on my Kindle 3 to listen to while reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back