Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 28, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #3,886 of 7,509
Portable rig complete...for now

iPod 5.5g (120 gig hard drive, Rockboxed, new high-capacity battery), Fiio L3, Fiio E11, Sennheiser IE8

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #3,888 of 7,509

Quote:
Does the IE8 improve by the Fiio E11 from the rockboxed headphoneout?

To my ears, it does. It sounds great already out of the headphone jack, but it does seem to like more power. I use the low gain, high power setting with the bass booster off

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #3,890 of 7,509

Quote:
Figure I'd pop in and share my setup :)

Cowon J3 32gb + Ringke silicone case + Sennheiser IE8 + Sony Hybrid Tips (green stem, medium size?) with Comply Foam under the silicon of each tip, but you guys probably already knew that 
wink.gif
 haha.  I'm kinda particular on the fit of my IEM's (had quite the battle when I had my TripleFi's haha) and I've found the foam underneath the Hybrid Tips seems to work the best for me right now.  Anyway, enough of me blabbering, here are the pics:

Five Finger Death Punch
beerchug.gif
atsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #3,891 of 7,509

Quote:
Nothing too fancy

Anyone have any idea how to organise this to make it... pocketable?

what player is that??
use the fiio bands to attach the e11 below your player. xD

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #3,892 of 7,509

Quote:
Nothing too fancy

I use this stuff called 3m dual lock. It sticks similar to velcro but much firmer, and its very low profile. Bonus over the bands is that it won't cover the screen/buttons.
See here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/3m-dual-lock-and-attaching-your-player-portable-headphone-amp

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #3,895 of 7,509

Quote:
Nothing too fancy

I didn't even know they made LODs for the Zune! With my rig, I use 3M "Command" velcro strips. Much more secure than a silicone band, and it's still easy to separate them. Plus, you can peel them off cleanly (they're designed for securing things to a wall, with the ability to remove them without damaging the paint)

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #3,898 of 7,509
I've always enjoyed how this combo synergizes. Ultra-portable? No. But It's a great coffee house rig, and I'm at a coffee house right now, so...

(Click on the photo to see larger version.)
 ​
MacBook Air --> HiFiMAN HM-801 (as USB DAC) --> beyerdynamic T5p

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #3,900 of 7,509
Thanks for the responses guys.
It's a Zune 30gb Halo 3 editition (I'm not even a Halo Fan, it just looks nice).
Yeah, the LOD on it only works for the Zune 30 or the 8gb version as far as the ebay ad for it said.

Oh and thanks for a heads up on the Dual Lock, I'll check around and hopefully they carry it here. But the only thing I wonder is how easy is it to remove the dual lock's (ie. like 3M command strips where you can remove it easily)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back