Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #3,841 of 7,509
Hello,

To answer yours questions, Go-Dap unit 4.0 is really impressive.
Purchased initialy FOSTEX HP-P1. and be really disapointed.
Not enough output power.
Almost unusable with AKG 701.
Even when you toggle between hi/mid/low gain.
Purchased an Unit 4.0 and smile !
What ever H/P i'm using :
Westone UM3xRc
Future Sonic ATRIO
Audio Technica - CH10
Shure 435
Sennheiser IE8
EarSonics SM3VII

Clear and strong output !

Easy setup
Charging either Unit 4.0 and Iphone
Small package for a DAC+H/P amp

Really love it

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #3,843 of 7,509

iPod Classic in a Yotank case, Fostex HP-P1 DAC/Amp & UE Triple-Fi IEMs.
I think I'm about ready for an upgrade of the IEMs but really not sure where to go next.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #3,844 of 7,509

Quote:

I think I'm about ready for an upgrade of the IEMs but really not sure where to go next.

Dope. Dope. Dope. Maybe a better LOD and customs are in your future...Smokin' rig, IceClass.

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #3,845 of 7,509
hahaha i have that same case... iskin vibes in red... is your ipod also a 2g and it would be freaky if your screen was cracked like mine 
eek.gif
 (third time its cracked I am bad)
Quote:

original portable rig

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #3,847 of 7,509

Quote:

wow...hmm yeah maybe a better LOD but hey..whatever that's smal. now the IEM's. Yes they TF10's are MSRP $450 after tax but they can be bought for $100 to $150 :D maybe some serial IEM's for a next upgrade to complement that awesome HP1 :D

Quote:
hahaha i have that same case... iskin vibes in red... is your ipod also a 2g and it would be freaky if your screen was cracked like mine 
eek.gif
 (third time its cracked I am bad)

i got mine for a few cents on ebay..and yes..my screen is cracked. check my pictures on my profile page

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #3,848 of 7,509
Nice rig.  Possible upgrades would be a Lod, silver cable for the TF10's or just go all out for some JH16's.

You will be surprised at how much a silver cable picks up the mids and top end detail.

Quote:

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #3,849 of 7,509

Quote:

You have a great amp/DAC combo if I was in your shoes I'd move to another flagship. Off the top of my head I'd look in the JVC FX700 or maybe a Ortofon e-Q7 or Q5. Other options maybe a Audio Technica CK10 or CK100 Pro. If you're willing to look into customs Heir Audio is getting a lot of rave reviews right now. The 1964 Ears Quads have a nice following on here neither could you go wrong with an Ultimate Ear custom.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #3,850 of 7,509
Oh gotcha and I got mine years ago, and a broken screen is no fun, Amazon sells replacement screens for the Touch only like 12 bucks, I am just waiting to order mine with the next headphones I am gunna get... I am a sucker for free shipping
Quote:
i got mine for a few cents on ebay..and yes..my screen is cracked. check my pictures on my profile page

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #3,851 of 7,509

Quote:
Oh gotcha and I got mine years ago, and a broken screen is no fun, Amazon sells replacement screens for the Touch only like 12 bucks, I am just waiting to order mine with the next headphones I am gunna get... I am a sucker for free shipping

you don't get it..i broke it trying to get the screen off. to this day. i have a hard rime removing the screen. i can do iphone's easily. itouch..is a no no.

but yeah.. hahah :D im a sucker for free shipping too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back