Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #3,796 of 7,509

What does an FiiO E17 Alpen + FiiO L9 LOD + an Apple iPhone 4S equal? Pure awesomeness is what!

I took these photo's with my father's iPhone4S. We have 5 in the immediate family 
L3000.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #3,802 of 7,509
I know what u mean james

Well pelotonjon, if u went and read the 100 pages of the e17 thread u would know that there is a solution to this. Im kidding about reading that much lol. But yea, u r able to put the top band in a location that alllows for full music playback and use. Just not other stuff.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #3,803 of 7,509

Quote:

first day with the EX600, I expected them to be darker or bassier but they arent and that is a nice surprise. it is going to do fine as an alternative to the darker sound of the TF10. took me a while to get a fit but the complys fixed it.

So how you liking them so far? I had some fit issues myself as well as and it took me awhile to find a happy medium with the aggressive treble. I went with a Monster triple flange to fix the highs up a bit increase a little isolation and bring in a slightly deeper bass. The Sony tips no matter which ones I tried drove me crazy.

Feb 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #3,804 of 7,509

Quote:
So how you liking them so far? I had some fit issues myself as well as and it took me awhile to find a happy medium with the aggressive treble. I went with a Monster triple flange to fix the highs up a bit increase a little isolation and bring in a slightly deeper bass. The Sony tips no matter which ones I tried drove me crazy.

it was all trebly and lacked body no matter what sony hybrip yip I tried. never got a good fit, it was more a matter of the IEM staying in place because of the memory wire but not because the tip was inside.
The complys are known to muffle the treble a bit so I guess that helped, plus now they do actually get inside my ear canal, and I can finally notice the bass. and it responds very good to the cowon's EQ.

fit and sound, its all perfect now, I think I'm going to like the EX600. just wish it provides more isolation, I guess they do with your triple flange?

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #3,805 of 7,509

Quote:
it was all trebly and lacked body no matter what sony hybrip yip I tried. never got a good fit, it was more a matter of the IEM staying in place because of the memory wire but not because the tip was inside.
The complys are known to muffle the treble a bit so I guess that helped, plus now they do actually get inside my ear canal, and I can finally notice the bass. and it responds very good to the cowon's EQ.

fit and sound, its all perfect now, I think I'm going to like the EX600. just wish it provides more isolation, I guess they do with your triple flange?

Isolation becomes a tad better with my flange tips but it's still nothing to rave about. I'm guessing it's probably on par with your complys. I use my EX600's more for running around in the mall and doing stuff around the house. In real busy noisy places I don't use them I usually use my UE700's or my Westone4's. I can easily drown out the noise by cranking my DAP but I don't want to be deaf by age 45.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #3,807 of 7,509

Quote:
The E17 looks like a sexy piece of gear. I wish i could get one of those where i live.

the E17 just sold out in half an hour of becomming availble (today).................................. I knew it was anticipated, but anticipated to the point where so many people watch micca store's twitter account..this is crazy.

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #3,809 of 7,509

Quote:
Whats so special about the E17 Alpen? I know Fiio has a following on here, especially amongst the younger crowd, but still.

price to performance. it's $150 and packs an WM8740 DAC. multiple inputs. from optical to Coaxil, this input supports up to 192KHz/24bit. and USB which supports 96KHz/24bit. and AUX in. it amplifies at 215mW @ 32 ohms. has an color display. digitial volume control. and 2 amps. one used as a pre amp and an AD8397 as an driving amp. it is built like a tank and etc. and for it's uses. it's great for pirce. this is off the top of my head and im going to bed. if you need more info ask in teh E17 thread :D btw.. the first time it came out. all american distro's sold out in 7 hours. the ppl that got their hands on them posted great reveiws in the E17 thread..the total size of first batch was 1K units. this batch total size is 5K. it's unknown how many went to micca this time around. probably a bit more. but this time...as the first american distro to get it. IT SOLD OUT IN HALF AN HOUR. from 3:30 to 4 pm. after news of it's availbility was posted on twitter..along with mass refreshes of teh site(i went to check at 8pm and the site was still a bit laggy. probably from people still bashing F5) 

this batch was not pre orders. micca fully had them in stock. units are expected to arrive in 5 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back