Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jan 30, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #3,481 of 7,509
Welcome to the forum and sorry for your wallet!

Quote:
Ok, go easy on me guys..First post in here :)

I was going to wait to post in here, until my new gear comes, but Im bored.  So here I go.  This is my current rig.  Im pretty damn new to this whole thing, so it isnt much.  It gets the job done for now though.

HTC Trophy (zune music player) 16gb
FiiO e5
V-Moda Crossfade LP

Should be a sexy little portable, I really cannot wait.  So glad I found this forum, I fear for my tax return though :/  Going to be hard to spend that wisely.

The purple on the V-modas is awesome! I never really looked at them with favour until now. With the ZO2 and M6s you should be in for a ear-thumping good time! 

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #3,482 of 7,509

Quote:
Ok, go easy on me guys..First post in here :)

I was going to wait to post in here, until my new gear comes, but Im bored.  So here I go.  This is my current rig.  Im pretty damn new to this whole thing, so it isnt much.  It gets the job done for now though.

HTC Trophy (zune music player) 16gb
FiiO e5
V-Moda Crossfade LP

For what its worth, I love these headphones for what I listen to.  For the price, I am very satisfied.  

[Using my old phone - Droid X - for pictures]

My rig will be completely different this week sometime though.  In the mail I have:

16gb Ipod Nano 6g
FiiO L9 LOD
Digizoid ZO2
MEE M6 

Should be a sexy little portable, I really cannot wait.  So glad I found this forum, I fear for my tax return though :/  Going to be hard to spend that wisely.

Its nice setup, remember its not important what others think about your gear or how much you spend ,its how much you enjoy it. The DIY O2 amp costs about $135, and rivals much pricier amps in SQ. Have fun.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #3,483 of 7,509
I would always go with a low profile LOD if possible.

They are less likely to get caught on stuff and put less stress on the amp input jack IMO.

Nice looking rig by the way!

Quote:
Here's a pic of my modest first rig. Iphone 4s 64gb ->Headstage Arrow 2.2g ->Phonek Audeo PFE 232

It sounds very nice, but the Arrow isn't shielded from rf signals so I pick up static if I don't put it into airplane mode. Kind of annoying, I might get rid of it and try the pico slim. I also would like to upgrade to a nicer low profile LOD.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #3,485 of 7,509
Looks like a real nice set up there - sleek!. I would like to try the continental. Those 'The Cricket' LOD's are a nice elegant solution, but seem really overpriced to me - cost more than my source(!)

How does the continental pair up with those Ety's?

Quote:
My current travel rig:

Jan 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #3,487 of 7,509
Haha yes, all good stuff :)  Opiuo brought me into the genre, probably still one of my favorite artists in that style still.  Anyways, thanks guys.  I have browsed through three of these show your rig threads already, and saw such beautiful set ups, which led me to feel inadequate I guess.  For what I listen to, I love the crossfades in all honesty.  The trophy is terrible though..  Even with the e5, the output is weaker than anything else I have used..and something just doesnt sound right.  I cannot wait to get my nano in the mail though.  I was going to get a classic, but decided I really do not need 160gb of music on me when Im out and about.  16gb of 320's should be just fine, and the size of the zo2+nano will be perfect.  Im excited to try the M6's as well.  Couldnt pass them up for 14 dollars considering all of the good reviews on here.  Eventually, I would love some customs of some sort, but the M6s will do for now

Ill probably end up calling 911 to bring my wallet to the hospital after tax time :wink:

Oh, by the way, Pretty Lights and KTN both put on an absolute killer show if you ever get a chance to go (if you havent already)  I saw KTN here not too long ago with Vaski, and Pretty Lights not long before that.  KTN is coming back pretty soon and playing under FEED ME!  Should be a good time

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #3,488 of 7,509
Has anyone tried the Philips GoGear series media players? Are they any good? SQ?

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #3,489 of 7,509
New toy came today!  I love it..

The ZO2 and M6 havent arrived yet, but I got the 16gb nano, iwatchz band, and fiio L9.  Ill throw new pictures up when the zo2 comes :)  Sound quality is very good though, Im really liking the player as a whole

EDIT:  mini-rig:

Doesnt sound too shabby at all..Very satisfied with the nano.  Its currently full at 14.something gb.  Perfect amount of space for what I need on the go

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #3,491 of 7,509
I've wanted a q5w for a long time.  I wish cowon would make a suitable follow up to it, the x7 is almost there, just needs a good mobile os and wifi, plus all the other wacky extras that the q5w had.

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #3,493 of 7,509

Quote:
Getting back in to some portable stuff.  So far very, impressed with the Shure SE215s.  Thinking about trying a Fiio E11.  I like the Bithead, just a little bulky. Either using the iPhone 4 or iPod Classic, Photo or Mini.  With or without the amp.

Hello, ive been looking around for awhile because i wanted to amp my 215s with an e11 too, but thank god i finally founnd a user who has the same urge as me, so have you amped it yet?
Would like to hear from you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back