Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #2,701 of 7,509
I had the same problem.

Quote:
Quote:
Currently listening to my portable rig...

(JSD Labs Cmoy + Fiio E10)

While camping in my other portable rig...

(Restored 1966 22ft Airstream)

Nice Airstream, when I first looked at it I didn't see it, it's so shiny the reflection made it almost invisible.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #2,703 of 7,509
camoflash / reflectionflash wow

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #2,704 of 7,509

Quote:
Airstream > Headphones? =P

Exactly!

Quote:
Nice Airstream, when I first looked at it I didn't see it, it's so shiny the reflection made it almost invisible.

Thanks! You should see it going down the highway in 2 o'clock sun. I'm sure I've blinded a few motorist in my day.

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #2,707 of 7,509

Quote:

I will probably end up selling my pico slim and going the ultraportable route..    While LOD/amp sound quality is actually a pretty decent improvement, it really isnt worth $400 and the hassle.

Well that didn't last long.
tongue.gif

Why such a long LOD cable?  I used the Slim w/ a typical setup. Very small and no hassle to carry. LOD+ Slim being worth $400+ is highly debatable.

Dec 10, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #2,709 of 7,509
compared to simply plugging in and pressing play a-la clip plus or ipod, setting up the lod and amp becomes cumbersome and not worth the trouble when i'm out and about and often have to move quickly from one situation to another.

i just keep finding myself wanting to skip the amp and lod.
partly b/c i use my ipod for a lot more than just music and it's not a rig that stays together unless i'm solely listening to music, so i am constantly putting it together and taking it apart otherwise.

i use the long LOD, b/c often i like to have the amp in a bag, or clipped to my waist, and be able to pull the ipod out and use it without pulling out the amp.  I've always used LOD's that way and almost never prefer to have my amp bricked to my player.. never really understood that one.

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #2,711 of 7,509
compared to simply plugging in and pressing play a-la clip plus or ipod, setting up the lod and amp becomes cumbersome and not worth the trouble when i'm out and about and often have to move quickly from one situation to another.

i just keep finding myself wanting to skip the amp and lod.
partly b/c i use my ipod for a lot more than just music and it's not a rig that stays together unless i'm solely listening to music, so i am constantly putting it together and taking it apart otherwise.

i use the long LOD, b/c often i like to have the amp in a bag, or clipped to my waist, and be able to pull the ipod out and use it without pulling out the amp.  I've always used LOD's that way and almost never prefer to have my amp bricked to my player.. never really understood that one.

Doesn't seem the way you've been using it is working that well for you, so maybe you should try it with the short LOD and put the amp and player together. I originally thought the same as you and have long LODs. Since going to short a LOD I find it far more convenient.

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #2,712 of 7,509
Currently listening to my Clip Zip a lot.. It doesn't go outdoors as both my Shuffle and Nano are easier to operate outside:

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #2,713 of 7,509
ive been looking at this thread for about a month or two now, and im pretty stoked.
i finally get to post on here :D 

woot! 
everyone probably already knows but... 
yuin pk3
pa2v2 (clear panel edition)
LOD (awwan)
Ipod nano(5th gen)
AT m50
to do list: dac (maybe hrt music streamer II(+)?)

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #2,714 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back