Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 25, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #1,111 of 7,509
This is my very first rig so I don't have much to compare it with.  My only other piece of audio gear is a sennheiser PC360, and compared to that, it was a huge improvement.  I've tried listening to my um3x out of an ipod nano 3g, and compared to my nano 6g, there was also a big jump in sound quality.  The nano 3g sounds very dull in comparison.  Overall I'm very happy with what I've got but I'm not decided whether to buy a new DAP like a cowon j3.  Any suggestions?

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #1,112 of 7,509
This is my very first rig so I don't have much to compare it with.  My only other piece of audio gear is a sennheiser PC360, and compared to that, it was a huge improvement.  I've tried listening to my um3x out of an ipod nano 3g, and compared to my nano 6g, there was also a big jump in sound quality.  The nano 3g sounds very dull in comparison.  Overall I'm very happy with what I've got but I'm not decided whether to buy a new DAP like a cowon j3.  Any suggestions?

The J3 is a little hard to recommend because it's not for everyone. It actually doesn't sound that great unless you fiddle with the settings. Because the UM3x doesn't necessarily need an amp it may very well be a good choice for you. You also may want to consider future set ups because the J3 has no true line out.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #1,113 of 7,509

Quote:

J3 will be a HUUUGE improvement over your Nano. I really loved its weight, looks an the sound quality but I am a Mac user and Cowon products and Apple products don't get along well. If you are using Mac, DO NOT get a Cowon :) 

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #1,114 of 7,509
The nano is as good as the j3, no need to fix something that ain't broke. The clip+ may sound a bit better than both thought because of it's low output impedance. Low output impedance players work well with the UM3X

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #1,115 of 7,509
I have the um3x with J3, and wow does it sound good. There are EQ settings everywhere from different users, you will find the right now for your type of music. Um3x is not a picky type IEM, works pretty good with almost everything. Im currently using the J3, Ibasso T3 and my Um3x with Twag cable upgrade, The SQ is definitely one of the best out of all my portable setups.

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #1,118 of 7,509

Quote:
:frowning2: how come you didn't like it? And yes It does sound nice and the EQu app is really good when I need just a little bit more bass 
o2smile.gif

Really? I got UM Aero's about a month ago and as the bass is a bit bass light straight out my iphone 4 (there is plenty of bass out of HR Portable Micro Amp, it scales really really well), I thought I'd try the EQu app. Not only does it keep crashing, I found it wipes out a whole lot of volume as well as making the highs really muddled compared with the normal "player". Anyhow, thats just my opinion, anyone else have experience with this app?

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #1,120 of 7,509
Wow I didn't know T3 was THAT small. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #1,121 of 7,509

this is some nice looking rig.  and it sounds quite nice as well. the ES7 most def gets better with an amp. and the iBasso D3 looks just as fancy ad the ATH. although the ipoo could use a better case and velcro straps. cant beat 110 hours of battery life on the D3!.

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #1,122 of 7,509

Quote:
oh my forgot my contribution.... J3 x T3 x UM3X

Nice ICs/cable, is the cable flexible/pliable? Nice pics as well :)

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #1,123 of 7,509
THANKSSSS loremipsum!!
etysmile.gif

Quote:
Nice photo eclipes.

Yeah, one of the main reason I went for it, small size and portable and the sound quality is definitely there.
Quote:
Wow I didn't know T3 was THAT small. 

THANKS Nightslayer, the Twag cable is pretty good, light and flexible... pretty similar to Westone's Epic Stock cable. The ICs are flexible but Im about to change it since it sticks out way too much. Need something much more low profile.
Quote:
Nice ICs/cable, is the cable flexible/pliable? Nice pics as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back