Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 3, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #768 of 7,509
I would be worried about the Ed8's headband losing clamping force over time, Mr. Vader seems to be stretching them out a bit.

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #771 of 7,509
Well after what seems like a lifetime, I have finally got all of my bits and pieces together with my final order arriving with my cables and CLAS. So listened to 1 song, then straight in front of the camera.

iPhone 4 > CLAS > RSA SR-71B > Unique Melody Miracle. All connected with TWag v2 Eclipse. Which might I add, the photo's I've seen really don't do the transparency any justice, so I tried my hand and think it's come out pretty well.

Without further or do.

My Portable Rig MK I.

Hope you enjoy the photo's as much as I hope to enjoy this rig :D

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #773 of 7,509

Quote:
Well after what seems like a lifetime, I have finally got all of my bits and pieces together with my final order arriving with my cables and CLAS. So listened to 1 song, then straight in front of the camera.

iPhone 4 > CLAS > RSA SR-71B > Unique Melody Miracle. All connected with TWag v2 Eclipse. Which might I add, the photo's I've seen really don't do the transparency any justice, so I tried my hand and think it's come out pretty well.

Without further or do.

My Portable Rig MK I.

Looks like your setup is complete. what format is your music in? ALAC? You should get a iPod Classic 160GB and either put ALAC or 320 kbps AAC files in. That would be an amazing portable rig!

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #774 of 7,509

Quote:

Without further or do.

My Portable Rig MK I.

You're an All That Remains fan NICE    \m/\m/

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #775 of 7,509

Quote:
That must be one awesome-sounding pack of bomb.
If all three devices are fully charged, which one would be the first to give out?

I'm not sure yet, only just put it all together, but my money would be on the iPhone 4 given it's running as a phone also and lasts at best 1 day.
And from what I've read I'll get 12+ hours play out of the other 2, But I'll charge them both up tonight and keep you posted with the results. :D

Quote:
Looks like your setup is complete. what format is your music in? ALAC? You should get a iPod Classic 160GB and either put ALAC or 320 kbps AAC files in. That would be an amazing portable rig!

They are all ALAC, but agreed, will be changing to an iPod Classic 160gb very soon, first problem with the iPhone 4, is I can here intereference when it's strapped to the amp. So using a longer USB cable right now, second problem is I've already filled it with ALAC's haha. So iPod Classic will complete this setup. :D

Quote:
You're an All That Remains fan NICE    \m/\m/

very_evil_smiley.gif
Absolutely, I like all styles of music, and let me be the first (i think) to say that metal sounds incredible with this setup.

But my first spine tingling moment with this setup just came on my train trip into work. Was listening to Powderfinger (Aus band) "Already Gone" and the separation was just astounding. I was hearing things that I'd never heard before, but also instruments were very clearly coming from different places. I closed my eyes and the whole experience was completely immersive. Made every cent worth it right there. To any aussie's(or internationals who know Powder Finger) looking for a song to really test out your rigs. This song is perfect. Has very quite sections and I can confirm that the Noise Floor is completely Black. No hiss at all.

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #776 of 7,509
How do you even carry a rig that big? Fanny pack?
biggrin.gif

What if you get a phone call? Do you just hold the entire brick up to your ear?

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #777 of 7,509

Quote:
How do you even carry a rig that big? Fanny pack?
biggrin.gif

What if you get a phone call? Do you just hold the entire brick up to your ear?

tongue_smile.gif
I can imagine the looks I would get if I did... haha

No I carry it in a messenger bag that I take to work everyday anyway, so it's not big deal. This was not built to take to the gym or for a jog.
As for taking calls. Right now it's on the black iCable that came with the CLAS which is much longer, about 24" or so. Can easily take a call if needed at it's present length, but as mentioned, I plan on getting a iPod Classic for this rig as a permenant solution. The iPhone 4 experiment has failed in the first day with interference from the cell signal.

Aug 4, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #779 of 7,509

Quote:
first problem with the iPhone 4, is I can here intereference when it's strapped to the amp. So using a longer USB cable right now

Quote:
Right now it's on the black iCable that came with the CLAS which is much longer, about 24" or so. Can easily take a call if needed at it's present length, but as mentioned, I plan on getting a iPod Classic for this rig as a permenant solution. The iPhone 4 experiment has failed in the first day with interference from the cell signal.

Do you have some radio interference when your iPhone 4 isn't stacked with the amp?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back