Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 23, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #152 of 7,509

Quote:
People enter Starbucks? On purpose? Without being forced?

Guess I'm a dying breed, doing things at home, the way they're supposed to be.

yeah...the way they're supposed to be... like in the good ol days when every houshold had a state of the art commercial espresso press....
wink.gif

May 24, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #154 of 7,509
May 24, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #155 of 7,509
     Quote:
Must get some odd looks with all that in a Starbucks 
tongue_smile.gif

Very first meet of mine was with KevinBrown at a Mall Food court...I'm sure some people wondered what was going on since I didn't bother to either eat or look up, the entire time!

Since then, KevinBrown and I have traded HF2's due to slight differences and preferences.  

Guess this is a picture of our TRANS-Portable rigs!  (He's also got Sansa and PX-100, I'm in love with my UE RM and iPhone.)

May 24, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #156 of 7,509
Hehe. I guess its more common in Europe to have good espresso machine at home.. Sorry to say, but Americans drink mostly water with a bit of coffee taste
biggrin.gif

Quote:
People enter Starbucks? On purpose? Without being forced?

Guess I'm a dying breed, doing things at home, the way they're supposed to be.

May 24, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #157 of 7,509
If I ever go to a cafe it is at least one that serves nice coffee, not that Starbucks brown watered down sludge stuff.
I also find the inside of Starbucks to be rather horrible inside, but maybe it's just in the UK.
Also how can you listen to headphone's in a cafe, I always found it way too noisy unless using iems.

May 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #158 of 7,509
With all due respect, we prefer to call it swill thank you.  Its hard to get a "good" cup of coffee in the US. 

Quote:
Hehe. I guess its more common in Europe to have good espresso machine at home.. Sorry to say, but Americans drink mostly water with a bit of coffee taste
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #159 of 7,509

Quote:
^ nice rig dfkt

Whoops, that should have been in the home rig thread. Portable rig is this:

Bialetti.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EEE > Headstage USB DAC cable > Digizoid ZO > Phonak PFE > wiggly toes

May 24, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #160 of 7,509

Zune 80 and Grado SR-60.....Another old rig.

May 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #162 of 7,509

Quote:

RE0 and Sansa Clip+.
Simple and light.

wow, that right angle plug design is almost as bad as the one on my sennheiser omx980's
is it straight, or angled? its like the worst of both worlds.
wink.gif

I cant wait to re-terminate to a switchcraft or neutrik -  Not only does the stock plug stick out a mile long, but it slips out of the player if you breathe on it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back