Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #5,239 of 7,509
It's a compliment :) Both the PA2V2 and the TMA-1 are extremely warm if I remember correctly, so I'm guessing that the combination would create a nostalgic, vinyl sound. Imagine listening to Dinosaur Jr on an old turntable in a room full of questionable smoke, something like that ^_^

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #5,240 of 7,509
Just needs an iPod Video for that Wolfson DAC to provide that next level of warmth. That looks to be a iPod Classic 6th or 7th gen by the way. The metallic cover gives it away.
Quote:
It's a compliment :) Both the PA2V2 and the TMA-1 are extremely warm if I remember correctly, so I'm guessing that the combination would create a nostalgic, vinyl sound. Imagine listening to Dinosaur Jr on an old turntable in a room full of questionable smoke, something like that ^_^

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #5,243 of 7,509
Wow a lot has changed since I've been gone! Some stuff never changes though (Sansa's everywhere 
tongue.gif
) At the cost of being a hypocrite I'm about to get my old Fuze back (girlfriend had lost it 
redface.gif
) and I just ordered a 32gb card for it so I'm looking to upgrade to some cans. Ahhhh I've destroyed tons of "durable" headphones so I don't even know what's durable anymore... I used to have a set of Portapro's (nice bass and comfy but I hated the headband...I could buy these again and put them on a parts express headband but they're asking for $40 for them now!) and a set of PX100's (I really REALLY like these but they aren't around anymore and the new versions are said to sound a bit less detailed at almost double the cost...again no...). In the IEM range I had some RE-0's that I really liked but since I listen to a lot of Hip-Hop they didn't cut it...and they would keep breaking too. My Grado SR-60's were definitely my go to can though but I killed them after a loooong time of abuse and use (I'll call it lovin...) and I don't have the cash to go for those now. I'd also like something smaller and portable. I was looking at the HT-21's by Meelectronics those look nice! But I wonder how they compare to the Senn's and Portapro's. I was even about to spring for some Koss Pro DJ100's but I don't even know how there sound signature would fit the genre's I listen to (Hip-Hop, Metal, Classical, Rock, Hard Rock, Prog, some electronica). Maybe some Ksc-75's with a headband? 
frown.gif
 so lost in audio again...I really don't want any IEM's...I'm getting sick of em. Any help? 
Back on topic for now!
Portable:

Gen 4 goodness! (yes I sanded the paint off XD) those buds are actually pretty nice for under $10! But when you've had a taste of something better you always want more :/

Transportable:

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #5,246 of 7,509
Quote:
Wow a lot has changed since I've been gone! Some stuff never changes though (Sansa's everywhere 
tongue.gif
) At the cost of being a hypocrite I'm about to get my old Fuze back (girlfriend had lost it 
redface.gif
) and I just ordered a 32gb card for it so I'm looking to upgrade to some cans. Ahhhh I've destroyed tons of "durable" headphones so I don't even know what's durable anymore... I used to have a set of Portapro's (nice bass and comfy but I hated the headband...I could buy these again and put them on a parts express headband but they're asking for $40 for them now!) and a set of PX100's (I really REALLY like these but they aren't around anymore and the new versions are said to sound a bit less detailed at almost double the cost...again no...). In the IEM range I had some RE-0's that I really liked but since I listen to a lot of Hip-Hop they didn't cut it...and they would keep breaking too. My Grado SR-60's were definitely my go to can though but I killed them after a loooong time of abuse and use (I'll call it lovin...) and I don't have the cash to go for those now. I'd also like something smaller and portable. I was looking at the HT-21's by Meelectronics those look nice! But I wonder how they compare to the Senn's and Portapro's. I was even about to spring for some Koss Pro DJ100's but I don't even know how there sound signature would fit the genre's I listen to (Hip-Hop, Metal, Classical, Rock, Hard Rock, Prog, some electronica). Maybe some Ksc-75's with a headband? 
frown.gif
 so lost in audio again...I really don't want any IEM's...I'm getting sick of em. Any help? 

Save a bit and get a pair of sennheiser hd 25-II's.

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #5,247 of 7,509
Ahhh David I really want to keep it portable I've tried getting away with using my Grado's as portable but I know it never works out for me 
redface.gif
. I found some K518's for about $25! For hip hop and rock how do you guys think those would go? and compared to the portapros?

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #5,250 of 7,509
Quote:
Portable:

Gen 4 goodness! (yes I sanded the paint off XD) those buds are actually pretty nice for under $10! But when you've had a taste of something better you always want more :/

Great finish job (or lack of it xD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back