Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #4,501 of 7,509

Quote:
Cowon D2+:  Still going strong.

DIY IC: 8 separate braided 28 gauge teflon insulated silver plated copper wires and Neutrik right angle plugs.  Nice looking, durable, and just the right length.  Sonic Improvements: Nil,  Ergonomic and Usability Improvements: Considerable,  Fun Making it: Lots

Leckerton UHA-4:  Crossfeed: Win,  Form Factor: Win,  Total Package:  Win^2

Koss KSC-75:  It really is that awesome.

i always wanted to try the D2,a little bigger then my clip zip a littler than a standard dap ,like a touch or galaxy!btw nice cable!

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #4,502 of 7,509
Update  Whiplash hybrid TWag and TWcu, JH13's, Ipod Nano 6g, Whiplash Twag V2 LOD, RSA Shadow.  

Still looking for a low profile LOD for a Sansa Fuze.  Still havent found one.  

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #4,503 of 7,509

Quote:
Update  Whiplash hybrid TWag and TWcu, JH13's, Ipod Nano 6g, Whiplash Twag V2 LOD, RSA Shadow.  

What's the blue container?

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #4,504 of 7,509

Quote:

Pretty heavy duty CIEM cable...Nice! How is it - functionality and SQ wise?

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #4,505 of 7,509

Quote:

What's the blue container?

Looks like it might be an Otterbox dry box, not sure though. They're water-tight and crush-proof. You can find them on amazon for about 15 bucks, depending on the size. Add some foam inserts and that's a perfect little protector for your gear.

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #4,506 of 7,509
actually the blue container is an "really useful".  exactly 1 dollar... i use them to carry different cables usually, lods, mini to mins...but found out it fits the shadow, nano and lod perfectly

they have different sizes from mini to gigantic.  

http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/storage-archive-organisation/storage-boxes-plastic/really-useful-office-storage-boxes/0-3l-box-pack-of-6?r=bf

they dont have em on the site...but they were big a few months back.... the link is from UK staples.  

Also, I prefer pelican cases... they have rubber lining where otterboxes dont 

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4,507 of 7,509

Quote:

TekeRugburn ,

Your rig looks GREAT! I know you have the normal TWag, so  what do you think about the hybrid TWag?

Rodrigo

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #4,508 of 7,509
Quote:
i always wanted to try the D2,a little bigger then my clip zip a littler than a standard dap ,like a touch or galaxy!btw nice cable!

I love the EQ on the Cowons and IMO Cowon hasn't made one that warrants an upgrade yet.  If SanDisk made a new Clip with a full size SDXC slot and it was still Rockbox compatible I'd snap it up right away though.

Thanks for the compliment on the cable too.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #4,509 of 7,509

Quote:
I thought I'd mention you could improve on this with 3M Dual lock...!  I was kinda avoiding getting a touch screen mp3 player (like a Galaxy S phone with wolfson + voodoo) after getting the iPod 5.5g recently because of the rubber bands.

Innerfidelity did a blog and youtube video about using 3M Dual lock tape.....ingenious.  Now I'll be able to dual lock my E17 to stuff like smartphone, ipod, PSP, ipad, and even back of a laptop.  :D

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/3m-dual-lock-and-attaching-your-player-portable-headphone-amp-page-2

$5 for a yard on ebay not bad (low profile).  This will last "forever"..unlike velcro.  Gonna see if the local fred meyer has it :D

Ughh they're almost $20 on Amazon... 
I'll see to it as soon as I feel the need for it, because I don't have access to an ebay account and I usually use my FiiO E11 at home ( ironic, I should have gotten a desktop amp). Nevertheless, I use the Turbines outside and I really feel as if the E11 harms it more than helps. Thanks for the tip though.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #4,510 of 7,509

Quote:

I'll second that, my preference is Pelican as well - Shame I've never actually found one that was 'just the right size' 
smile.gif

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #4,511 of 7,509

Quote:
actually the blue container is an "really useful".  exactly 1 dollar... i use them to carry different cables usually, lods, mini to mins...but found out it fits the shadow, nano and lod perfectly

they have different sizes from mini to gigantic.  

http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/storage-archive-organisation/storage-boxes-plastic/really-useful-office-storage-boxes/0-3l-box-pack-of-6?r=bf

they dont have em on the site...but they were big a few months back.... the link is from UK staples.  

Thanks! Just took a look at the pelican cases on amazon and they're pretty sweet.

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #4,513 of 7,509

Quote:

TekeRugburn ,

Your rig looks GREAT! I know you have the normal TWag, so  what do you think about the hybrid TWag?

Rodrigo

i had the v1, v2 and hybrids.  I really like the hybrids.  they are pretty heavy duty..... feels solids.... not saying the v1 or v2 doesnt.  I have had a long time with the hybrid...just 3-4 days.  I'm going to wait till they burn in a little bit and will need to do some A and B testing on them first.  

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #4,514 of 7,509
Just a heads up to anyone wanting one of those little blue boxes...They sell them at OfficeMax and they're sometimes priced at 2 for a dollar. Nice little boxes for...little stuff.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #4,515 of 7,509
I have found a rather cost effiecent way to improve the sound of my portable rig...

... you see it? Right? In the background, I have also talked to the manager about getting some Stella in, I find Stella is better with the low's, since this one makes them somewhat... well..  its tricky to explain, muddy I guess, still better than Heineken - that stuff makes the treble rolled off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back