Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jan 3, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #3,121 of 7,509

Quote:
Used to have this settup. Its a good rig! 
I "upgraded" to the E7 from an E5 though
and my M6's broke so I'm getting VSonic GR-07s
and my clip+ headphone jack broke so I got an (in the making) iMod

But fond memories! ultraportble but im not too keen on how small the clip is. just seems to lack "presence".

I got a DIYmod and GR07's, But im using a TTVJ slim. I used to have the E11. I think the Vsonic,s pair up really well with an imod / DIYmod - Very detailed.

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #3,122 of 7,509

Quote:
Used to have this settup. Its a good rig! 
I "upgraded" to the E7 from an E5 though
and my M6's broke so I'm getting VSonic GR-07s
and my clip+ headphone jack broke so I got an (in the making) iMod

But fond memories! ultraportble but I'm not too keen on how small the clip is. just seems to lack "presence".
EDIT: that's a really nice interconnect!! 

Im still starting to feel the hype, this is the most basic I can avail. :D thanks for the IC compliment :D

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3,123 of 7,509
Final rig after 2 years of constant meddling. Guess I'm finally a happy man.
biggrin.gif

DIYmod and the very newly acquired Hisound Audio RoCoo-P

ALO Continental and Madcap Penguin Amp on AD8397 & AD825 Op-amps

UM Miracle, Sony EX-1000 & ESW9 recabled with TWag V2

4 LODs made with Copper, Cryo Copper, Copper + Silver and TWag V1 ultra low profile

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #3,124 of 7,509
Everyone has such nice rigs! I decided to try my hand at one of those Micro LODs... well, the wiring is done, I just need to Epoxy it up and then dress it...

I still don't know what my final portable setup is going to be, but I do know that I want to use it for both desktop and portable, so most likely something that has USB and Optical In with battery, but also has a line out (the DAC portion), so I can connect that to a desktop amp.

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #3,125 of 7,509

Quote:
Everyone has such nice rigs! I decided to try my hand at one of those Micro LODs... well, the wiring is done, I just need to Epoxy it up and then dress it...

I still don't know what my final portable setup is going to be, but I do know that I want to use it for both desktop and portable, so most likely something that has USB and Optical In with battery, but also has a line out (the DAC portion), so I can connect that to a desktop amp.

Budget wise, I'd get the iBasso D-zero

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #3,126 of 7,509

Quote:
Budget wise, I'd get the iBasso D-zero

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a DB2 and PB2.  Though, still searching for my setup.  I think I may need a DAP too... as my 5.5G shows bad sectors on the HDD (when I Rockboxed it... it kept trying to repair every time I connected it to my work PC).  Though, when I reset it on my Mac, no issues.  Dunno.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #3,129 of 7,509
Portable is a stretch. 
This is a "transportable" (in theory) rig that has no business sounding as good as it does compared to desktop rigs costing x3 as much. It's hard to believe but it drives my HE-6's with authority, better than the M-stage and the LF339 and almost to the level of the 100w Toshiba SA7100. The Toshiba still wins on soundstage in every direction and greater bass impact. But, they should not even be close based on the math. 
I am stumped?

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #3,135 of 7,509

Quote:
On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is iBud and 10 SR-009, how hard are the HE-6 to drive? I always thought they are like 8 so therefor ruling out the "portability" for them.

well there are certainly some portable amps that people say can drive them - the RSA sr71B i think is one,  I'm pretty sure NwAvGuy says the O2 can drive them.
You may not get a straight answer though depending on who you ask. 
opinions may not match with what specs and measurements say though -  I'm not really sure though

I dont know how portable a pair of large open cans is in the first place though, regardless of what it takes to drive them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back