Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #271 of 7,509

Quote:
What the hell? People actually buy Altoids who don't have CMoys?

The cases are any amazing way to store your iem's super cheaply once the mints are gone 
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #273 of 7,509

Quote:
What the hell? People actually buy Altoids who don't have CMoys?

where can u actually buy the "candy"?

So the producers on the cMoy are actually eating a lot of that stuff.....those things normally cause diarrhoea.
I personally find that quite funny.

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #275 of 7,509
Hey it is really great to see all the different portable gear everyone uses.  I'm in the airline business and here is the portable gear I carry when traveling.  I use the Sound Devices 702 and the Ibasso P4 headphone amp.  My IEMs are the Westione UM2s and I don't go anywhere without my DT 48 200 OHMs.  I run my vinyl and reel to reel tape through the 702 for playback.  But what I really use the 702 for is as a backup machine when I'm doing live recordings at the universities.  I listen to playbacks of the live recordings, mainly jazz, on the 702. The Sound Devices are pretty much the standard in the film industry.  It records 24 bits at 192K.  So playback is just crazy.       

This unit is well traveled and I couldn't ask for better when traveling.  I am traveling to Buenos Aires, Argentina next month and will be taking my portable gear with me to record the Buskers aka Street Performers.  I'm really looking forward to catching some great recordings of Buenos Aires street performers.  I'm also looking forward to going to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October.

Here are pictures of my portable equipment.  

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #277 of 7,509

Quote:
Hey it is really great to see all the different portable gear everyone uses.  I'm in the airline business and here is the portable gear I carry when traveling.  I use the Sound Device 702 and the Ibasso P4 headphone amp.  My IEMs are the Westione UM2s and I don't go anywhere without my DT 48 200 OHMs.  I run my vinyl and reel to reel tape through the 702 for playback.  But what I really use the 702 for is as a backup machine when I'm doing live recordings at the universities.  I listen to playbacks of the live recordings, mainly jazz, on the 702. The Sound Devices are pretty much the standard in the film industry.  It records 24 bits at 192K.  So playback is just crazy.       

This unit is well traveled and I couldn't ask for better when traveling.  I am traveling to Buenos Aires, Argentina next month and will be taking my portable gear with me to record the Buskers aka Street Performers.  I'm really looking forward to catching some great recordings of Buenos Aires street performers.  I'm also looking forward to going to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October.

Here are pictures of my portable equipment...

I think I'd recognize that rig anywhere.  Rally555, I believe I met you and your beautiful wife at last year's RMAF, right?

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #278 of 7,509
Yes, you did!  That was my first Headfi meet.  We were only there for a day and a half and now I'm hooked.  You listened to one of my jazz playbacks and thought is was very interesting.  It is good to hear from you and look forward to seeing you in October again at the RMAF.

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #280 of 7,509

Quote:
The D2 is my high-capacity music-only player.....sounds excellent, even if it is getting on in years. No Rockbox needed, IMO....although RB is awesome for my Clip+. Now if only I could find that CD and re-rip it!
smile.gif

Yeah, I just love it, and still don't see any alternative to D2 which would sound well and have small size and long battery life, except for s9 or j3 may be. Clip+ is pretty nice too, I had  one but then presented it to my niece, because of the battery:). As for Rockbox, I did not try it with Clip+, but in case with D2 I can hear clear difference when use it with IE8 or modded pc360 - sound is richer and more detailed, and equalizer also allows to make some neat corrections.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #281 of 7,509

Quote:
zoh my gawd a Sound Devices. As a fellow sound recording enthusiast, sir, I salute you.
Yet to see a Nagra though...

Hey 3602, Sorry for the delay in the response.  You mentioned Nagra, these are the main machines I use when recording the concerts and the Sound Devices 702 is my backup.  Enjoy the Nagra pictures.

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #282 of 7,509

Quote:
Hey 3602, Sorry for the delay in the response.  You mentioned Nagra, these are the main machines I use when recording the concerts and the Sound Devices 702 is my backup.  Enjoy the Nagra pictures.

Hey 3602,

I dug up some more pictures I thought you would enjoy.  Actually I hope everyone enjoys them.  This is my Stellavox SM7 StellaMaster two track butterfly heads.  This machine I use when recording in bars.  I'm still trying to get that "Jazz at the Pawn Shop" recording quality.  One of the universities likes to record at a bar downtown called the Blue Star Brewery and it is a lot of fun.  One challenge about recording in a bar is the sound quality.  Sometimes the back ground can get a little lively.  Some are great recordings and some are so-so.  But it is all great fun.  This is my passion.
doing live recordings.  

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #283 of 7,509
Thank you, sir, that is most awesome. I believe I saw a Studer once, two-inch tape running at either 30 or 45 ips. It would seem that on full-speed, a full roll of tape can only record for ten minutes.
Stella... That's Sonosax, right? I only knew of them through the DAT ages, the StellaDAT (and the following II).
Very few people record with tapes and R2Rs these days especially with the wide availability of high bit-rate digital recorders. Stella and Nagra together. I only have a WM-D6C and the recording function is bust.
May I ask what microphones are you using?

Thank you very much for these impressive pictures.

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #284 of 7,509
My first Rig!!

iPod Classic 80GB >  DIY Pure Silver LOD > Pico Amp/DAC > Reshelled TF10

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #285 of 7,509

4640251766_cc6a6f1619_z%20copy.jpg

5951.jpg

3GS > Fiio L3 > Fiio E7 > 595's 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back