Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 14, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #1,876 of 7,509

Quote:
At first glance, the D3 looked blue.

How is the D3 (with 2.3 GingerBread)?

It's the reflection of the sky on the glass. I used a circular polarizer filter to bring it out more in the photo.

And yeah, Achmedisdead posted the link to my review above.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #1,880 of 7,509

Quote:
Are those the new Phonak phones?
$599... ouch.

I'm very intrigued by these.  I think Phonak has a good thing going with the exchangable filter idea.  The only think that makes me bat-crap crazy is when a manufacturer produces a $600 IEM without replaceable cables.  One snag, kink or rip and you're done.

Looking forward to the review dfkt. 
popcorn.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #1,881 of 7,509

Quote:
The only think that makes me bat-crap crazy is when a manufacturer produces a $600 IEM without replaceable cables.

The PFE 232 have replaceable cables. They come with two cables in the box, one with an iPhone remote/mic, the other one without.

Quote:
Looking forward to the review dfkt. 
popcorn.gif

I am extremely pleased with their sound, fit, and build quality. More to follow. :)

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #1,883 of 7,509
Stretching the limits of the adjective portable:

The Sensia is the size and shape of a rugby ball..or perhaps an American football? But considerably heavier.. It is a good internet radio, though. I waited until they were less than half price, plus with a decent firmware.

I can stream my music wirelessly, but I found that wiring my Clip+ up gives a better sound..and is less finicky.

The Sensia takes a Chargepak, also, giving about 10 hours use when I want to move it around the house.. to the bathroom, bedroom etc. And it sounds really good given the limitations of these types of radios.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #1,884 of 7,509

Quote:
OK, now I may regret my SE535 purchase. 

EDIT: congrats on 4000 posts 
biggrin.gif

Thanks! :) I didn't even notice, heh.

I posted photos of the connectors and ear guides here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/539710/news-phonak-aud-o-pfe232/195#post_7822003

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #1,886 of 7,509
Hi Lee.  Is that the CC tube amp in the picture?  The pics and details that I have seen so far make that similar to the ALO Continental.  How do you find its sound performance?  What impedance are you cans?

Thanks for your help

Quote:

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #1,888 of 7,509

Quote:
Hi Lee.  Is that the CC tube amp in the picture?  The pics and details that I have seen so far make that similar to the ALO Continental.  How do you find its sound performance?  What impedance are you cans?

Thanks for your help 

No, it's just the XO model. I enjoy the sound of the XO though with these cans, just the right amount of bass and everything feels even. I believe they're 42 ohms.

Oct 15, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #1,889 of 7,509
Thanks for the reply Lee.  I am keen to try one of the portable tube amps as I like the tube sound but cant bring myself to risk the mismatch with low impendance iems.

Oct 15, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #1,890 of 7,509

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Lee.  I am keen to try one of the portable tube amps as I like the tube sound but cant bring myself to risk the mismatch with low impendance iems.

my thoughts exactly - sooner or later I'm going to research the effects of adding resistors to the headphone cable - i have seen people do this before, but dont know much about its effects on overall sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back