Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #1,681 of 7,509
don-t-feed-the-troll_71697.jpg

Bugger off.

I stopped by to pay a compliment to a dude who owns one of the few MDR-V7s still out there, made the mistake of criticizing a rig posted on the same page and now I have this jerk trolling me. Why even bother posting here...

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #1,682 of 7,509
You made a mistake in the way you said it. You didn't criticize it...you flat out said it was a money pit. 

You say things like that and you don't expect backlash? Really?

Quote:
Quote:

Bugger off.

I stopped by to pay a compliment to a dude who owns one of the few MDR-V7s still out there, made the mistake of criticizing a rig posted on the same page and now I have this jerk trolling me. Why even bother posting here...

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #1,683 of 7,509
OK, I think it was a money pit. That's a reasonable criticism and outside of head-fi I think most people would agree with me that that rig is a money pit. I hope y'all can deal with a dissenting opinion without childish backlashing.

That's all I have to say on the issue. Time to charge up my camera and add a couple of photos to this thread for a change.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #1,684 of 7,509
i disagree with the money pit statement
.. regardless of what headphone you use, running an ipod through a hp-p1, or a clas is going to improve the sound, but will require an amp.
Given the quality of the amps he is using, the sound will certainly improve further.
bottom line is that rig is guarenteed to sound better than going straight from an ipod, or through an ipod with lod to an amp.
of course its expensive, but all rigs at that level are, this one is not somehow unique from all the others.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #1,685 of 7,509

Quote:
OK, I think it was a money pit. That's a reasonable criticism and outside of head-fi I think most people would agree with me that that rig is a money pit. I hope y'all can deal with a dissenting opinion without childish backlashing.
That's all I have to say on the issue. Time to charge up my camera and add a couple of photos to this thread for a change.

Your opinion was the W4's don't need amping based on numbers (and no experience with them) and you called someones rig ridiculous.  I told you numbers don't mean everything and the W4's benefit from amping (based on personal experience).  Then you continue with personal attacks, accusing anyone of disagreeing with you falling prey to hype.  Sometimes it's best to look in the mirror and perhaps you should not react in the terms you assign to others.  Passionate debate is encouraged within other threads besides a picture thread.

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #1,686 of 7,509

Your opinion was the W4's don't need amping based on numbers (and no experience with them) and you called someones rig ridiculous.  I told you numbers don't mean everything and the W4's benefit from amping (based on personal experience).  Then you continue with personal attacks, accusing anyone of disagreeing with you falling prey to hype.  Sometimes it's best to look in the mirror and perhaps you should not react in the terms you assign to others.  Passionate debate is encouraged within other threads besides a picture thread.

It only upsets you because you know he might just be right :wink:

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #1,687 of 7,509

Quote:
It only upsets you because you know he might just be right
wink.gif

You guys are funny.  I own a zo and a diy cmoy.  I'm not much of an amp or rig guy.  I'm merely pointing out the W4's are not all that efficient.  You get more bass with a power boost and it seems they were designed specifically for head room.  It's really that simple.  The only thing that upsets me is needless cut downs and attacks in a picture thread.  Why can't we enjoy pictures and if we don't care for someones, then ignore it rather than trying start arguments with put downs?   Oh I forget, this is the Internet and anonymity breeds poor etiquette.

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #1,688 of 7,509

Craptastic camera phone pic

BTW, criticizing someone's gear does not constitute a personal attack. Feel free to make fun of mine, I won't take it personally :wink:

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #1,689 of 7,509

Quote:
snip it baby!!!!

Craptastic camera phone pic
BTW, criticizing someone's gear does not constitute a personal attack. Feel free to make fun of mine, I won't take it personally
wink.gif

That stand is a money pit......lol....jk...nice gear indeed...

It was just an opinion guys.....Rejoice!!!........That was a nice looking stack though.....
beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #1,691 of 7,509
Wow.  Heaps of activity in this thread over night.  AIFF is Apples purest lossless format.  ALAC is the common Apple lossless but it is not strictly lossless as it is still compressed.  But before people question the logic of this check out some of the technical investigations into it.  In summary it is bit perfect up to about 200 khz so for all intensive purposes lossless.

With regards to the comment made regarding the Fostex Hp-P1 rig....I dont think that it was at all said in good spirit and showed a lack of understanding and critical investigation into the components used.  I am sure that there are people out in society that cant see why you even need to upgrade beyond standard Fuze buds and think that public use of full sized cans are overkill.  Without using the full sized cans or amps etc...you dont really know what you are missing out on.  

The Continental and the HP-P1 are both cutting edge components in our hobby.  We should not attack someone for going to the effort of sharing pictures.

Bring on more pics!!

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #1,694 of 7,509
Kremer930--

Couldn't have said it better myself.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #1,695 of 7,509
Yeah... Youthanasia. One of the best albums that has ever been made in world history. Possibly the best of its genre!!! which kind of makes me pissed off at Mustaine for not preserving that band 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back