Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
May 19, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #331 of 1,377
Good question.

At the moment I prefer the TF. But as I said they are in use for less than a week, so I can't take a final decision.

I think they've a litte bit slighter but deeper bass and the music I hear sounds "more real" to me than with the SE530. The hights are also clearer than with the Shures.

I can't explain the differences exactly (one problem is the explaination in english
wink.gif
), but the "feeling" of the music is better with them currently. And that is what matters to me.

Acually I want to try out some models from UE, because in the future I want to upgrade to UE Customs. I've owned the SF5pro too, but I didn't like the sound signature. My first idea was to order the UE5c, but with the SF5pro disaster... No, no UE5c.

So I get the TF10 and love them (I think more than the SE530, but this is only my current opinion). I guess (and hope) the UE10 is close to the TF10 so my searching for the perfect IEMs ends.

@envoy

With both pairs I'm listening mostly all kinds of guitar music (emo, hardcore, rock, alternative and so on...)

May 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #337 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by xanden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RWA 4G iMod --> Silver Master Mini to Mini --> iQube --> Ultimate Ears Triple Fi
biggrin.gif

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...5/IMG_0047.jpg

Seriously sweet rig you got there. I'd always thought the iQube was bigger than the ipod.... hmmm.

So how does it sound?

May 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #338 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoFiveOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dog walkin' rig...
dog-rig-2.jpg

Nice one! I Love the shortened cables.
tongue.gif

Can you please put a picture of the Sennheisers on your head?

May 20, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #340 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously sweet rig you got there. I'd always thought the iQube was bigger than the ipod.... hmmm.

So how does it sound?

Extremely transparent.

@ Xanden. Change the cable so it uses the dock connector. This is a huge improvement in SQ.

May 20, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #341 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extremely transparent.

@ Xanden. Change the cable so it uses the dock connector. This is a huge improvement in SQ.

Thank you Jelle, for the life of me I just can't figure out why you would buy a $500 amp and then run the iPods nasty amp signal to be processed
confused.gif

May 20, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #343 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some ultimate ears super.fi 3's would fit the bill. You can sometimes get them on sale at radioshack for 29.99 (which is a steal). With the money you'll save get a new DAP like a sansa clip. That's a neat combo that can be had for a lot less than $100.

Plus Sandisk just enabled Ogg support, which is awesome.

I mean that's a steal! Best I found on them at the Rat Shack was $49.95
wink.gif
But none the less they would be an upgrade 4 sure
wink.gif

May 20, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #344 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you Jelle, for the life of me I just can't figure out why you would buy a $500 amp and then run the iPods nasty amp signal to be processed
confused.gif

its an 4th gen. iMod, the signal path is taken straight from the DAC to the caps and it becomes a dedicated line out. the LOD would degrade the audio signal once again

May 20, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #345 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its an 4th gen. iMod, the signal path is taken straight from the DAC to the caps and it becomes a dedicated line out. the LOD would degrade the audio signal once again

Pologies
redface.gif
as I missed the iMod on the DAP
eek.gif
I should have asked! Sweet setup
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back