Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
May 17, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #301 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_0252.jpg

poor person's portable
frown.gif

You must tell me how this setup sounds? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of sr225's to use with my sansa clip. I was also considering the alessandro ms-1's if my wallet decides to put up a fight.

May 17, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #302 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang that P2 is sexy. I had the marshmallows, good basic IEMS.
and I'm suprised that the EnV takes pics that good.

Yea the marshmallows are the best thing I've had so far lol.
Can't imagine what better headphones sound like...guess I'll find out if I ever get UM2s.
biggrin.gif

And I took the pictures with a 1.5 megapixel camera lol.
It's meant for video recording.

My mom and dad are gone and have the other good one thats like 5-6 megapixels I think.

May 17, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #304 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must tell me how this setup sounds? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of sr225's to use with my sansa clip. I was also considering the alessandro ms-1's if my wallet decides to put up a fight.

Unfortunately being a poor man, I have nothing to compare it with :p FWIW, I can say is that I believe it has great synergy.

May 17, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #310 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<3 = love LOL it looks like a heart if you look at it from the side...

Filipelli, woah... quite a nice collection of DAPs and IEMs there
biggrin.gif

Haha thanks,

Yeah I think I have 2 too many IEMs and DAPs, but they are each very different in what they offer. I really like all of them. The D2 is one amazing little player though...I bought it as a reward for finals being over...seems like it was worth it!

@Baines: Thanks I will try out that combo! Right now I am running my UEs out of them, and holy moly...this combo is BASSY.

@itobito: The zune is fantastic. Very warm and robust signal. I would place it in between the nano/supermini set up and the D2 in warmth - with the D2 bassy as anything I have every heard. I had two 5.5gen ipods before this (gave one to boyfriend, one to brother) and compared to the ipod 5.5 gen, the zune blows it out of the water.

May 17, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #311 of 1,377
I'm glad you like the D2. It's a keeper for sure.

If you haven't already, try the D2 with your Grados. I absolutely adore this combo. I think they have similar sonic characteristics, which makes for great synergy.

May 17, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #313 of 1,377
I tried that 10 mach bass 4 surround 2 stereo enhance. IT works ok with my JVC ha-fx55's paired with my D2. Pretty solid for 17$ IEMs. Can't wait for my X3i's to come back from repair though. I'm definitely anticipating the ones with user-replacable cables which is also why I'm considering super.fi's.

May 18, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #314 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had two 5.5gen ipods before this (gave one to boyfriend, one to brother) and compared to the ipod 5.5 gen, the zune blows it out of the water.

Strange, because i had a change to listen to the a zune a few month ago on a head-fi meet, and very quickly tossed it aside because the SQ was noticeable less then of the iPod's that where laying around. It sounded dull, less dynamic and recessed highs. I am only not sure again if i listened to the internal amp or did use a iQube to listen to them.

Would you mind to elaborate on why the SQ of the zune outperforms the iPod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back