Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
May 18, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #316 of 1,377
^ Sweet! Makes for not getting the cables twisted!!! That's awesome!!!! Any SQ changes???

May 18, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #317 of 1,377
^^^Holy moly...stealthy rig punnisher! That rig looks like it packs a punch!

@Jelle - My favor leans towards the zune mainly because I found it to have a more robust and warm sound signature compared to the ipod. I have always had to amp every ipod I have owned besides the 1st gen shuffle. The 5.5g was somewhat thinner to me, and while one of the best of the hd based ipod line, it was edged out by the zune because of the sharp highs and treble. However, I can see how you think the zune casted rolled off highs and sounded less dynamic. I would say this is probably related to its slow and dark nature...something that I prefer over brightness. I have headphones that cover a lot of realms, but have found that I like the moody zune for what you describe as "dull" and less "dynamic".

May 18, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #318 of 1,377
Hey thanks
cool.gif

No sq changes at all. They still sound amazing.

May 18, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #320 of 1,377
that certainly is a nice setup, that lod is well ace.
i could use one of them myself

May 19, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #322 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by thornygravy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
psp phat (white faceplate and cfw) + JVC marshmallows (Kramer Modded)

I know it's sad lol. Any ideas of improvement, I'm open to them
wink.gif

lol get the JVC HA-fx55's. You can get them on amazon for ~20$. I have them and had the marshmallows and trust me, they fit a hell of a lot better. That makes iso, bass, sq, etc. better.

May 19, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #324 of 1,377
Some ultimate ears super.fi 3's would fit the bill. You can sometimes get them on sale at radioshack for 29.99 (which is a steal). With the money you'll save get a new DAP like a sansa clip. That's a neat combo that can be had for a lot less than $100.

Plus Sandisk just enabled Ogg support, which is awesome.

May 19, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #325 of 1,377
ipc2move2ql8.jpg

May 19, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #330 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some ultimate ears super.fi 3's would fit the bill. You can sometimes get them on sale at radioshack for 29.99 (which is a steal). With the money you'll save get a new DAP like a sansa clip. That's a neat combo that can be had for a lot less than $100.

Plus Sandisk just enabled Ogg support, which is awesome.

One of the best advices i've heard around here.
biggrin.gif

collapse- Beautiful! Which one of the IEMs do you prefer for specific kinds of music and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back