Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
May 11, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #271 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, you can't get much higher SQ than this setup without making transportable sacrifices.

I don't know if you can make that statement looking at some of the other rigs in this thread. You can get higher SQ, not with size but with greater $$
wink.gif

May 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #272 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if you can make that statement looking at some of the other rigs in this thread. You can get higher SQ, not with size but with greater $$
wink.gif

I agree. The Nano (g3) rigs spring to mind (expensive amps)....I would replace them with a d2 (slighlty bigger, but imo better) and livewires (<3) though! Although i would just remove the amp i think, i prefer small and my rig sounds great, and is small. I dont need anything higher, i am totally content.

My rig sounds amazing, and has far more feautures than the touch. The d2 wins hands down, and if the d3 has wi-fi, it will own. If i blew some money on a high end amp, and used lossless, it would be amazing, and i am sure the difference would be more noticable now i have better sources. I may build, test, and sell a cmoy, just for the fun of it. Afterall i loved electronics before i chose my GCSE courses.

I cant use lossless due to having so much music to re-get, and i dont want to carry an amp, and cant afford one!

After all, the U Control has elminated my need for a DAC/amp, and the d2 has eliminated my want for an amp! No hiss from either source, expandability of the D2 rules too, and i love flash support, the great screen, dab radio, small size, and sound quality in such a small package.

[size=xx-small][size=x-small] EDIT: Only read this stuff below if you are interested in how my expenditure is so low for what i have. Thanks Filipelli!
[/size] All i need now is a pair of home headphones then im done until i grow up a bit, and have more money. Hasnt cost me much really, see my sig. (Filipelli, i got the d2 trade
smily_headphones1.gif
, so ER6i, SD cards, Livewire impressions +shipping [compimentary remember?] ZVM shipping, and ucontrol. I had the ZVM and CX300 before head-fi along with pc and laptop.[/size]

May 11, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #273 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. The Nano (g3) rigs spring to mind (expensive amps)....I would replace them with a d2 (slighlty bigger, but imo better) and livewires (<3) though!

Hasnt cost me much really, see my sig. (Filipelli, i got the d2 trade
smily_headphones1.gif
, so ER6i, SD cards, Livewire impressions +shipping [compimentary remember?] ZVM shipping, and ucontrol. I had the ZVM and CX300 before head-fi along with pc and laptop.

Nano 3g? That set up sounds familiar
tongue.gif
Have you had experience with the nano 3g and amp to make the call that the D2 is better?

And baines, haha I know all about your transactions and trades on head-fi. You share them in a LOT of posts..
wink.gif

May 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #274 of 1,377
I was talking in terms of features and usability really. No, my sister has one, but i didnt have an ipod lod when i borrowed the SM3, so i couldnt try it. But my Zen Vision M lineout hissssed!

I know, i'm just pleased with my lowww expenditure haha! I forgot to add the ALO interconnect i was given too!

Got your pm, replied. Im on it.

Matt

May 12, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #275 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After about a month of contemplating, finally I have a portable setup.

It's small.

It's black.

It's deadly.

DSC00507.jpg

It's amazing.

May 13, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #276 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After about a month of contemplating, finally I have a portable setup.

It's small.

It's black.

It's deadly.

DSC00507.jpg

that makes me want one so bad....

May 13, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #277 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by cubson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that makes me want one so bad....

I've tried this combo.

Looks cool, but sounds horrific.

A818 itself is a decent player but it kills all the characteristics of er4,

(so i moved back to the realm of ipods again)

the worst synergy, period.

May 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #278 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by junes4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried this combo.

Looks cool, but sounds horrific.

A818 itself is a decent player but it kills all the characteristics of er4,

(so i moved back to the realm of ipods again)

the worst synergy, period.

Can you please elaborate more on this?

May 14, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #279 of 1,377
wow . . . so many great stuff, i'm just gonna sit in the corner and cry
frown.gif

May 14, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #281 of 1,377
New LOD so that rig matches better (made it today).

I used stranded OFHC clear-PE 21 AWG wires in a quad configuration, silver dock, silver plug and clear heatshrink. It looks a lot longer than it is because of the angle.
*Get a better look at the DIY forum.*
n.jpg

May 14, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #282 of 1,377
If you were making it for yourself, for your own rig, why make it so much longer than it needs to be?

May 14, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #283 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely a work in progress - currently test fitting and also need to resolve some interference issues. Headamp Pico piggybacked onto a Sony UX. j.River Media Center is the playback software, Pico attached to a mounting plate which slots into existing location grooves of UX.

picoux.jpg

Very nice. I'm going for something similar soon. Are you using vista or xp? If xp are you going to worry about all the kernel streaming/asio stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back