Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Sep 24, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #991 of 1,119

Fiio fan-boys unite!

On that note I leave you with this parting shot of my Carbon-Ara rig
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #992 of 1,119
Rocking on this little diddy this morning
biggrin.gif

CMOY JOY
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #994 of 1,119
Yes in deedy! For the same coin this thing absolutely blows my Toppy NX2 away
redface.gif

Speaking of the old NX2, hitting a little Ani DiFranco on this getup
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #995 of 1,119

HTC One M9 and V-sonic GR01.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC One M9 and HiFiMan RE-Zero

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #996 of 1,119
I don't leave the house with this setup, but I do use it around the house when I don't feel like being attached to my desktop amp:

HTC One M9 and AKG Q701 (bass modded and modified headband) - This phone actually powers this headphone quite well, plenty loud at 67-73% volume, and it sounds at least 95% as good as when it's plugged into my desktop amp. No isolation and they are huge, so it's not really a portable setup, but I'll sit on the couch or outside the house in the yard in a lawn chair with them and it's very enjoyable.

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #1,002 of 1,119

You'll get the upgrade bug, soon.....
beyersmile.png

How do you find the DX50? Considering a new DAP in the New Year. The Oppo Fina 7a is at best very very average.

The only thing else I really want is a pair of openbacks, otherwise I'll be content for a while. (I know, I know, famous last words)

The DX50 is great, it has it's flaws though (like any DAP), I bounce back and forth between Mango and Rockbox. Rockbox is great because of the customizability and the 3-button navigation but can get buggy. Mango is just Mango, it's organized well, easy to figure out, and has the ability to make on the fly playlists. I still haven't figured out playlist support from syncing with my library. I use JRiver Media Center and can find the playlists on the SDCard but cannot get them to play, still working on that. Sound quality of the DX50 is grea though and that's it's strongest attribute.

I've thought about selling and switching to the FiiO X3 2nd gen but I'm afraid I would miss the sound quality and everything I've already gotten used to with the DX50. Eventually I might convince myself to sell and switch to something else but for now the DX50 is keeping me very satisfied.

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #1,003 of 1,119

...the black b1tch/black beauty :)...

Original Ihifi 770》Alo Rx amp》Dunu dn2000

I get surprisingly different results from the addition of the Rx amp via L/O using the latest firmware but the dunu and the 770 combo is fantastic as well!

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,005 of 1,119
  The only thing else I really want is a pair of openbacks, otherwise I'll be content for a while. (I know, I know, famous last words)

The DX50 is great, it has it's flaws though (like any DAP), I bounce back and forth between Mango and Rockbox. Rockbox is great because of the customizability and the 3-button navigation but can get buggy. Mango is just Mango, it's organized well, easy to figure out, and has the ability to make on the fly playlists. I still haven't figured out playlist support from syncing with my library. I use JRiver Media Center and can find the playlists on the SDCard but cannot get them to play, still working on that. Sound quality of the DX50 is grea though and that's it's strongest attribute.

I've thought about selling and switching to the FiiO X3 2nd gen but I'm afraid I would miss the sound quality and everything I've already gotten used to with the DX50. Eventually I might convince myself to sell and switch to something else but for now the DX50 is keeping me very satisfied.

Excellent. I do like the look of the iBasso range. For me I'll be getting one of them or the FiiO or whatever else is FOTM at the time of purchase.

Openbacks are so fun, I have some Fidelio X1s myself and I adore them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back