Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Jun 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #962 of 1,119

Possibly the best value for money on the go set up ??? Custom Art Music one and Fiio x X3 2nd Gen........

Nice Crafty
wink_face.gif

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #963 of 1,119

Today's portable: iPod Shuffle and Sony XBA-4 along with some Metal/Hard Rock for some head-banging at the office.

I have a buddy running that same rig except he has his Shuffle strapped to a RS Shadow
normal_smile .gif

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #964 of 1,119
I have a buddy running that same rig except he has his Shuffle strapped to a RS Shadow
normal_smile%20.gif

I've always wonder what folks strap to an RSA Shadow... It's so dang small! Shuffle makes sense. :wink:

Jun 10, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #966 of 1,119
I've always wonder what folks strap to an RSA Shadow... It's so dang small! Shuffle makes sense.
wink.gif

This is my Shuffle rig with the Brain Wavz AP001 and KZ ED9's
wink_face.gif

Pretty compact
rolleyes.gif

Here's another buddies Shadow rig, Of course with the JH13's it should not even be in here
blink.gif

Come to stink of it neither one of these rigs I just posted should be in Mid-Fi thread. I'll never hear the end of this from Mr. Trev if he catches wind
eek.gif

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #968 of 1,119
FiiO X3ii in it's Dignis suit/Topping NX2 on Klipsch X7
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #969 of 1,119
4th Gen Touch/Topping NX2 and Trinity Hyperion's
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #971 of 1,119
Putting the VE Duke through its paces today, via Fiio X5ii. This combo is wicked good!

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #972 of 1,119
Putting the VE Duke through its paces today, via Fiio X5ii. This combo is wicked good!

I am getting more impatience to receiving mine as I see/read impressions on the Duke. It seems as the foamies are preferred with these...

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #973 of 1,119

I am getting more impatience to receiving mine as I see/read impressions on the Duke. It seems as the foamies are preferred with these...

Yup, the ones pictured are stock foamies that came with the Duke, but Comply works well, too. @RedJohn456 swears by the Havi foam tips (available from Penon).

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #974 of 1,119

You should have your soon I hope :wink:

Yup, the ones pictured are stock foamies that came with the Duke, but Comply works well, too. @RedJohn456 swears by the Havi foam tips (available from Penon).

I actually didn't have the foam set that comes with the retail duke set as I had a pre release model only. I got the final tipset today and I have to change my stance LOL. The double glance white silicon tip works vey well now. Everyone of my silicon tips gave my a really harsh sound but this tip makes it nicely balanced top to bottom without stifling any of the treble. No harsh treble or sibilance for me.

For once the stock tips come to the rescue for me! Kinda embarrassing that i have been going on about the havi tips. They are better than comply for me but I like the detail from the double flange white silicon tips.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #975 of 1,119

You should have your soon I hope :wink:

I actually didn't have the foam set that comes with the retail duke set as I had a pre release model only. I got the final tipset today and I have to change my stance LOL. The double glance white silicon tip works vey well now. Everyone of my silicon tips gave my a really harsh sound but this tip makes it nicely balanced top to bottom without stifling any of the treble. No harsh treble or sibilance for me.

For once the stock tips come to the rescue for me! Kinda embarrassing that i have been going on about the havi tips. They are better than comply for me but I like the detail from the double flange white silicon tips.

Everyone has their preferences. I'm not a flange fan... mostly due to fit/comfort rather than sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back