Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Jun 1, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #500 of 1,119
Today's Ceiling Tile replacement rig...
The PortaPro "BullDog" & FiiO X3.

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #502 of 1,119
Jun 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #503 of 1,119
  Those be the gr07?

Correct Gr07 BE

This photo I think has convinced me to get these iems lol. So beautiful! No replaceable cable though??
P.S. what tips those be?

No, no replaceable, but I saw somewhere someone did modified them with another cable
The tips came with them, actually a lot of them, but this are the ones that get me the best seal.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #504 of 1,119
Jun 2, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #505 of 1,119
HTC One M7 -> Hybrid interconnect -> Fiio E12 -> Chris_Himself Carbide Hybrid cable -> UE Triple-Fi 10 Pros
biggrin.gif

Everything having blue on it wasn't planned. Haha

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #508 of 1,119
Smart looking setup H2O, I've thought about a pair of XBA's but have been curious to their sound signature and efficiency. I have found with all my Sony's in the past to be a little on the power hungry side! The majority have been MDR's, I really like the look of these XBA's though.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #509 of 1,119
  Smart looking setup H2O, I've thought about a pair of XBA's but have been curious to their sound signature and efficiency. I have found with all my Sony's in the past to be a little on the power hungry side! The majority have been MDR's, I really like the look of these XBA's though.

I don't own XBA-3 anymore, nor the Cowon J3. 
redface.gif
 I was just going through pictures and popped one up after some photo editing. I miss that Cowon, especially recently, the J3 was in spotless condition and would come in handy now for some other IEM's I have. To be honest, I wasn't very wowed by XBA-3, they seem to lack detail and were kind of limiting what I'm used too. I think one can do better with something like Dunu DN-1000 at $200 or even Ostry KC06 for $60.00 than the Sony.

But like yourself I was nothing but curious about them and the honeymoon period was nice. 
redface.gif

Even though XBA-3 are only 12ohms I was quite surprised they didn't hiss with my Studio V units, well at least very little. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #510 of 1,119
Good to know, I liked the look but sometimes I'm a real sucker for looks and then get let down
frown.gif
 I understand your detail statement but I never had any issues with hiss on my Sony's even when I had to crank up the power to get the volume I wanted however they did all sound a little veiled which may be akin to that detail you mention. I do like the look of a lot of Sony headpones and usually build quality is outstanding but the bottom line is sound
happy_face1.gif

Never owned a Cowan but read a lot of positives about them. Appreciate the response and suggestions Dunu & Ostry
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back