Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
May 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #466 of 1,119
GREQ, are those custom leather covers you've made for those rigs? I like
beerchug.gif

Yeah, I made those. 
It's the 3rd version I've made, but now I'm finally happy enough with the final design to post it up.

Here's a picture of the backs of the cases.

May 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #467 of 1,119
Nicely done, I too love the all black, all business looking with a slight sinister edge
wink_face.gif

May 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #468 of 1,119
I like that case! I may have to make one similiar, even though I suck at anything sewing. I also have an E17 I use with my 5.5G iMod. Right now I mostly just velcro them together, and use the bands to prevent scratches/act as bumpers. So they are both velcroed and banded. But for right now, Im useing my UHA 6S.MKII amp, but this Idea would work even better then my ALO Amp Wallet. +1 for the idea and the great work!

May 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #470 of 1,119
The new leather case arrived from Thailand for the X3, excellent workmanship, I'll be posting a review of it later on with more pictures etc...

A7X "This Means War" from Hail to the King is slammin on the Koss TBSE's!

May 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #473 of 1,119
New Senn's?
smily_headphones1.gif

I've had them for a little bit now, just never posted a pic...lol. Really excellent sound if you can handle the clamping force (maybe I just have a big head?)

So the full description of above....Nokia Lumia 520 playing Pandora, into the wonderful Sennheiser HD25-1 II.
L3000.gif

May 18, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #474 of 1,119

I've had them for a little bit now, just never posted a pic...lol. Really excellent sound if you can handle the clamping force (maybe I just have a big head?)

So the full description of above....Nokia Lumia 520 playing Pandora, into the wonderful Sennheiser HD25-1 II.
L3000.gif

Does the Lumia have gapless playback? 

I had a WP and my only ever problem was i couldn't ever get into an album because of the little gap.

May 19, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #475 of 1,119

I had a WP and my only ever problem was i couldn't ever get into an album because of the little gap.

I don't know yet....I just got it and I haven't had any free time to just chill and really listen. Hopefully in the next couple days I will be able to find out, I loaded a few gapless albums on earlier.

May 19, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #476 of 1,119

OK, I gave it a whirl with some gapless tunes, and no, not proper gapless. Roughly equivalent to a lower-end non-Android Sony player, if memory serves me correctly. 
I don't have a ton of gapless music, so it's not something that would really bug me(besides I have several other players that are gapless), but it would bother you and many other people here, I'd guess. 

May 19, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #477 of 1,119

OK, I gave it a whirl with some gapless tunes, and no, not proper gapless. Roughly equivalent to a lower-end non-Android Sony player, if memory serves me correctly. 
I don't have a ton of gapless music, so it's not something that would really bug me(besides I have several other players that are gapless), but it would bother you and many other people here, I'd guess. 

Yeah it was definitely my only ever problem with the platform. When I had stuff on shuffle, never cared, but on the way to college/work if I threw on an album it bothered me beyond belief. 

As long as you enjoy it though, that's the main thing 
beyersmile.png

May 19, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #478 of 1,119
  Yeah it was definitely my only ever problem with the platform. When I had stuff on shuffle, never cared, but on the way to college/work if I threw on an album it bothered me beyond belief. 

As long as you enjoy it though, that's the main thing 
beyersmile.png

A couple of years ago, when I had lower-grade headphones, I probably would have complained about the lack of any kind of equalizer, but now that I have some quality 'phones, I have no complaints about the sound. Even if I never put a SIM card in it, it's still like an iPod Touch but far cheaper....and it has a microsd slot. So Touch has gapless, but no card slot.....Lumia has no gapless, but card slot. Cool thing is, I have both. 
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #479 of 1,119

A couple of years ago, when I had lower-grade headphones, I probably would have complained about the lack of any kind of equalizer, but now that I have some quality 'phones, I have no complaints about the sound. Even if I never put a SIM card in it, it's still like an iPod Touch but far cheaper....and it has a microsd slot. So Touch has gapless, but no card slot.....Lumia has no gapless, but card slot. Cool thing is, I have both. 
biggrin.gif

Well, that's what it's all about, right? Enjoying what you have? I love Head-Fi but $1000 DAPs, Amps and DACs is just beyond me. 

I'm so happy with my 

IPC > C&C BH > SE215s/M80s/S500s that going much more is crazy, bar out of pure interest. 

May 19, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #480 of 1,119

biggrin.gif

Not sure if this makes Mid-fi but Imma post it anyway. Why not live on the edge a little......

NWZ-F806 / H3 Combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back