Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Jun 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #526 of 1,119
You tried the X3 by itself? Curious To know how the E12 improves the sound.

It definitely improves, not by a huge stretch but it is noticeable for sure. Instruments sound a touch more resolving, clearer, and definitely hit with more authority and speed.

E12 Bass boost on versus EQing the bass on the X3.. E12 delivers it so much better imo. Drums and Snares have that snap that make me smile. 

Clarity and Seperation do take a short leap forward from most tracks I've heard. 

Using Chesky's Ultimate Demo Discs and Ultrasone's Demo Disc for comparison.. so enjoyable.

edit: Is having the E12 in this combo worth the extra $90-$130? I'd say not necessary. But I have it, and I hate push button volume controls.. and I love the look.. so yeah it was for me.

edit 2: E12 is worth it if you're wanting that bass to slam. EQ'd X3 Bass +7 to +10 vs X3 +0 w/ E12 (bass boost on) sounds so much cleaner and hits harder.  It was really noticeable when I played some Trap music. 

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #528 of 1,119

+1. Just remember to put the protective films otherwise you´ll get scratches in the back of your iPod, I don´t like the protective film for the scroll wheel, just my opinion.

I managed to get a scuff or two on the back in the week I had the iPod before buying a case, even though I kept it in a little microfiber pouch. That mirrored aluminum is something else...

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #529 of 1,119
I managed to get a scuff or two on the back in the week I had the iPod before buying a case, even though I kept it in a little microfiber pouch. That mirrored aluminum is something else...

I always put the Zagg Invisibleshield on my things right when I get them. Phone screens, and especially iPods. I still have an Ipod from 2004 that has a mint looking screen. Back then I put my ipods in real tight saran wrap, that was taped in the back, then put them in a case. It kept dirt out. When I finally got an invisble shield on it several years later, it was still mint. Still is to this day which I think adds to my appeal to the iPod.

Also I just recently picked up a mint iPod Classic 2nd generation on eBay and waiting for it to come in. Going to swap the 10GB HDD for a 128GB SD card if I can manage it. But I'll also be putting an invisible shield on at least the screen and the pack of it. Not sure if they sell an invisible shield for a 2nd gen iPod classic, but I'll find something. May have to use the back of another model invisible shield. Anyone know of any other invisible shield type companies?

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #532 of 1,119
Damn Uncle, did you take that pic?

That looks like a poster I'm about to hang up on my wall in like 5 seconds. If I had a C3.
He's got some amazing photography skills! :)

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #534 of 1,119
Nice job H2O, magazine quality shot there
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #536 of 1,119

Good shiet. You've inspired my soul to youtube and learn some of this craft as well. Any recommendations?

A camera with full manual mode is where to begin, (you really need one) then learn about ISO, aperture and shutter speed. It's quite overwhelming at first because for each reaction to one area there's a counter reaction that effects the other areas so balance is important. 

Mostly it's about controlling light to your favor. For example, indoor shots I use studio lights or I'd get absolutely no-where.

Introduction to ISO / Aperture / Shutter speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T94sdiNjc

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #537 of 1,119

A camera with full manual mode is where to begin, (you really need one) then learn about ISO, aperture and shutter speed. It's quite overwhelming at first because for each reaction to one area there's a counter reaction that effects the other areas so balance is important. 

Mostly it's about controlling light to your favor. For example, indoor shots I use studio lights or I'd get absolutely no-where.

Introduction to ISO / Aperture / Shutter speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T94sdiNjc

Thanks unc, starting on this today! Cheers!

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #538 of 1,119

Absolutely and well said sir, being old school (high school annual staff photographer 1975) and carrying my Canon F-1 everywhere I went along with 30 rolls of B&W film and trusty light meter I learned how to take a myriad of different photo's with a totally non-automatic
bigsmile_face.gif
 Great clip by Tony as well, he explains all the different compensations well. 

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #539 of 1,119
Absolutely and well said sir, being old school (high school annual staff photographer 1975) and carrying my Canon F-1 everywhere I went along with 30 rolls of B&W film and trusty light meter I learned how to take a myriad of different photo's with a totally non-automatic:bigsmile_face:  Great clip by Tony as well, he explains all the different compensations well. 

Awesome mate!

I started out taking photos of my audio gear with a really old 5mp Nokia N95 camera phone, then one day figured I'm basically logging all this forever so why not try and improve the picture quality. After that I kind of became addicted.

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #540 of 1,119
Trust me I know the addiction as I got on a gear binge in the 80's and had to have 120 format Hasselblad's/Yakima's then their were the endless searches to get pristine Leica M3/6's and it was worse I think than audio
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back