Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Apr 20, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #442 of 1,119
My new DX90 and JH16's - very happy with this combination.

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #444 of 1,119
But in all seriousness, my daily rig is a MINT 2nd gen ipod touch, driving Phillips SHS3200's

I have one too. Still sounds great, too bad it is only 8GB though. Have to be picky about what I load on it.  I have a 4th gen 32GB and a 5th gen 32GB if I need more space, plus they still have usable apps...the 2G is just a music player these days. 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #445 of 1,119
I can somewhat appreciate only having 8gb (less actually if you count firmware), as it forces me to select only my most favorite songs from a 20+gb library.

Plus, I greatly appreciate the simplicity that is iOS 4 on the second gen... nothing else comes close. (R.I.P. Cover Flow)

I still have a my very first mp3 player, a barely used (and therefore MINT with all OEM packaging and paper materials) third generation iPod Shuffle, the most beeeee-uteyful mp3 player ever made!

At only 2gb... I don't know WHAT I was thinking... perhaps it was because I was being cheap and skeptical of them (then-foreign to me) "M...P...3 players?" xD

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #446 of 1,119
So this is my on the go rig today, think it fits this range
smily_headphones1.gif

U2 Classic 30GB Yo-Tanked, CMOYBB V2.03 on Klipsch Image 1's (not the best over ears by a long shot but sure nice/worth the $49.00 I got them for)
wink_face.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #447 of 1,119
Not so sure about the Mid-Fi thing but dollar wise this little shirt pocket rig falls into this thread
tongue.gif

7th Gen Nano/RSA Tomahawk driving Senn PX-100 II's

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #449 of 1,119
Well unfortunately I can't take my turn table with me but on all my Apple devices I transfer everything no less than lossless. I'm really not strong proponent on digital but I can't function without music playing so I have digital players for the format, if I really want to hear all the music and enjoy it to it's fullest I spin it on one of my tables. THX for the comps on the rig
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #450 of 1,119
I had no idea all this high tech stuff even existed... and certainly did I never expect digital music quality to come this far!...

You are just in the Mid-Fi thread, jump on over to the original and what I call the "Cost No Object" portable rig thread if you really want to see how far digital has come. The whole hobby has gone where Hi-End home audio was before the digital revolution! I mean not only music transports but the external amplification behind them and the assortment of cans that are now available (over, on or in ear). If your willing to shell out $5 or $6K you could literally walk around with the equivalent of a $25K home rig on your person just hit that thread and look at some of the rigs master Rudi post. It truly is incredible just how far digital has come. I'm not sure how much better you could get in a portable digital system than a AK-240, External DAC and External AMP driving a killer pair of Roxanne's or Kaisers. Really with the right set up any of the three forms of cans mentioned could be driven and driven extremely well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back