Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Apr 2, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #407 of 1,119

I am now looking for a cable for my IE80 that can boost the vocal...

Very good cable price to performance ratio, highly recommend.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6N-OFHC-Sennheiser-upgrade-cable-for-IE8-IE80-/221386528317?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item338baa563d&_uhb=1

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #409 of 1,119
I love MDR V6, such an awesome headphone, mine had been sitting in a soft pouch for sometime however after seeing your picture I pulled them out, they never cease to amaze me. The bass has excellent texture, plus the overall tonality of the headphone is just superb. I wish there were direct upgrades while keeping many of the same characteristics.

Here's mine plugged into Studio V / JDS C421 / V6. 

I use the amp because it seems to improve the soundstage and gives my V6 a stiffer back bone while evening out the bright tonality from the Studio alone.

Nice!!! And glad ur V6 is back alive. Btw, how long it took for ur ears to accept V6? Like 2-3 hrs?for your brain to perceive completely.......

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #410 of 1,119
Nice!!! And glad ur V6 is back alive. Btw, how long it took for ur ears to accept V6? Like 2-3 hrs?for your brain to perceive completely.......

Good question.

Still today when I put them on it takes about 5-10 minutes to adjust, (more so than my other headphones/IEMs) Beforehand they can sound rather thin, bright, light in note weight. It's something that happens every time I wear V6 from a cold start.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #411 of 1,119
  Any recommendations for upgrade cable with mic and remote for Westone 2-pin connectors apart from the bulky ones from Westone and JH?

Have a look here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=sunricky&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XWestone&_nkw=Westone&_sacat=0&_from=R40 

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #412 of 1,119
Did you try amping?

I don't have a portable amp. I have put them with home amps. Still you may be right adding a portable amp. They are nice and as we all know around here, with time some combos turn out working.

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #413 of 1,119
I love MDR V6, such an awesome headphone, mine had been sitting in a soft pouch for sometime however after seeing your picture I pulled them out, they never cease to amaze me. The bass has excellent texture, plus the overall tonality of the headphone is just superb. I wish there were direct upgrades while keeping many of the same characteristics.

Here's mine plugged into Studio V / JDS C421 / V6. 

I use the amp because it seems to improve the soundstage and gives my V6 a stiffer back bone while evening out the bright tonality from the Studio alone.

Glad to see some V6 love! They are the only closed can that has stayed on the roster since late last year. To me they are the closest thing to a portable Grado I've ever heard. Instrument sound like real instruments and not like the Headphone-enhanced version.

Also, if you guys haven't tried it yet, putting the Beyer 250 velour pads is a pretty noticeable change in sound. They leak sound a little more but tame the treble and retain the accuracy and texture in the low's and mids.

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #414 of 1,119
Good question.

Still today when I put them on it takes about 5-10 minutes to adjust, (more so than my other headphones/IEMs) Beforehand they can sound rather thin, bright, light in note weight. It's something that happens every time I wear V6 from a cold start.

K....mine takes about 30min to settle with Senn HD429,OE2 and little more, say close to 40min for my Philips HP890(open).....
Classic 30GB/120GB/touch 4G »»» FiiO L3 LOD »»» FiiO E06/E11/E12 »»» above said HPs.

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #419 of 1,119

New rig 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back