Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Dec 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #3,196 of 3,551
I hope this isn't too off topic, but I've been curious. How does one go about cleaning a record like this, with dye in it? Like, would the alcohol ruin the picture? I have a green dyed record so I guess this info would help but I don't think it really needs a cleaning, I'm just curious.

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #3,197 of 3,551
Quote:
I hope this isn't too off topic, but I've been curious. How does one go about cleaning a record like this, with dye in it? Like, would the alcohol ruin the picture? I have a green dyed record so I guess this info would help but I don't think it really needs a cleaning, I'm just curious.

I've used a few different alcohol based cleaning solutions and never had an issue when cleaning colored vinyl.

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #3,198 of 3,551

It has been a while since I've added new stuff to my system. Well in the last 4 weeks I've gone a little crazy. BOLD IS NEW (For me)

Speakers: NHT 2.9 (Siltech Internal recable G6 Silver/Gold)
Amplifier: Jadis Defy 7 (Siltech Silver output wiring)
Preamplifier: [size=13pt]VAC[/size][size=13pt] Renaissance Mk I (Very nice MM Phono Stage with MC Step up transformers)[/size]
[size=13pt]D/A: PS Audio [/size][size=small]PWD MKII (With the BRIDGE)[/size]
[size=small]Transport: PS Audio PerfectWave[/size][size=8pt]tm[/size][size=small] CD/DVD Memory player [/size]
[size=small]Turntable: VPI Traveler in Blue with aBenz L.O. 4 MC cartridge[/size]
[size=small]Speed Controller – VPI Speed Controller[/size]
[size=small]Power Conditioning: Amp and TV – Synergistic Research Powercell 4SE (Knew it was great on the amp, surprised the difference it makes on the TV)[/size]
[size=small]Power Conditioning Front End – PS Audio Power Plant Premier and DIY Balanced Line Conditioner[/size]
[size=small]Tweaks – Synergistic Research Tranquility Base with MiG's[/size]
[size=small]Vibration Control – Symposium Acoustics Isis Equipment Stand[/size]
[size=small]Symposium Acoustics Roller Blocks[/size]
[size=small]Symposium Acoustics Ultra Platform[/size]
[size=small]Cabling – Never ending Rotation – I have to know what does what :)[/size]
[size=small]Power Cables – Also usually varies, but right now all JPS[/size]

[size=small]System is sounding especially pleasing :) [/size]

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #3,200 of 3,551
Quote:

It has been a while since I've added new stuff to my system. Well in the last 4 weeks I've gone a little crazy. BOLD IS NEW (For me)

Speakers: NHT 2.9 (Siltech Internal recable G6 Silver/Gold)
Amplifier: Jadis Defy 7 (Siltech Silver output wiring)
Preamplifier: [size=13pt]VAC[/size][size=13pt] Renaissance Mk I (Very nice MM Phono Stage with MC Step up transformers)[/size]
[size=13pt]D/A: PS Audio [/size][size=small]PWD MKII (With the BRIDGE)[/size]
[size=small]Transport: PS Audio PerfectWave[/size][size=8pt]tm[/size][size=small] CD/DVD Memory player [/size]
[size=small]Turntable: VPI Traveler in Blue with aBenz L.O. 4 MC cartridge[/size]
[size=small]Speed Controller – VPI Speed Controller[/size]
[size=small]Power Conditioning: Amp and TV – Synergistic Research Powercell 4SE (Knew it was great on the amp, surprised the difference it makes on the TV)[/size]
[size=small]Power Conditioning Front End – PS Audio Power Plant Premier and DIY Balanced Line Conditioner[/size]
[size=small]Tweaks – Synergistic Research Tranquility Base with MiG's[/size]
[size=small]Vibration Control – Symposium Acoustics Isis Equipment Stand[/size]
[size=small]Symposium Acoustics Roller Blocks[/size]
[size=small]Symposium Acoustics Ultra Platform[/size]
[size=small]Cabling – Never ending Rotation – I have to know what does what :)[/size]
[size=small]Power Cables – Also usually varies, but right now all JPS[/size]

[size=small]System is sounding especially pleasing :) [/size]

Exceptional system! Those NHT's must sing with gear like that feeding them. 

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #3,202 of 3,551
^^ That's a tough system to follow, but I finally got a picture of my living-room setup:

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #3,204 of 3,551
Here is my rig as it was today.  Somebody was bugging me about a picture but this really only shows part of it as there are dozens of amps and headphones scattered all over the place.  Notable missing items are any and all Stax headphones, DIYT2, some more Blue Hawaii's, KGSS's etc. 

On the top shelf is a Cary 306/200 in for some TLC and a Headamp KGSS in for some modding.  There is also a KGSSHV (500V onboard version), a  Sennheiser HE60 built from my used parts bin and a Sennheiser HE90 frame with Stax drivers.  The stock HE90 is far from my favorite but these are quite nice.  Lurking behind them is a small desktop amp I built.  Basically the most simple Stax amp that can be built. 

On the next shelf is a B10 amp which is my very upgraded version of the RSA A10 circuit.  Still sounds like crap (no amount of tweaking can fix that circuit) but it's nice to have it around to show people what bad amps sound like.  Next to it is the BHSE amp section. 

Next shelf is a MSB Dac III fully loaded with every update there is and some tweaking of my own plus the BHSE power supply. 

On the bottom shelf we have a KGSS, a Dynalo (similar to the GS-1) and my take on the Aristaeus but with different tubes. 

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #3,206 of 3,551

Quote:
That thick aluminum DIY KGSS still looks so nice.

Agree, looks very slick indeed.

I’m liking the wooden rack, I’m guessing a DIY job as well, it’s certainly holding a fair bit of weight there. 
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #3,208 of 3,551
That name stuff is just a publicity stunt with no popular support.  I should know as the lawyer is a close friend...
redface.gif
  Those rules are there for a reason to protect a language spoken by max 400.000 people in the world and this won't change any of that.  It's the equivalent of naming your daughter John and they are more the objects of ridicule than anything else...

Quote:

Agree, looks very slick indeed.

I’m liking the wooden rack, I’m guessing a DIY job as well, it’s certainly holding a fair bit of weight there. 
tongue.gif

I almost sold that KGSS a while back as it was never used.  Really glad I didn't... 
smily_headphones1.gif
  I will probably break it down one of these days to polish the rest of the chassis and have it laser engraved

As for the rack, well it's from Ikea of all places but heavily modified and strengthened.  It's really two racks, one on top of the other with large pins going through the joints so they are almost impossible to separate. 

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #3,209 of 3,551
It has been a while since I was on the forum. My camera was damaged, so here is a crappy iPhone picture of my system. Not shown is the Stax amp, which I have disconnected at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back