Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jan 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #3,215 of 3,551
What are those? They look like modded 650s but I also seem to be seeing an electrostat style cable...
Whatever, I've been reading the 650 Appreciation Thread all day catching up, some 680 posts behind (apparently since Xmas). My judgement might be a bit compromised as you can see 
size]

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #3,216 of 3,551
Quote:
What are those? They look like modded 650s but I also seem to be seeing an electrostat style cable...
Whatever, I've been reading the 650 Appreciation Thread all day catching up, some 680 posts behind (apparently since Xmas). My judgement might be a bit compromised as you can see 
size]

I'll give you a hint: They cost sixteen pints of purified virgin's blood and a vial of angel tears.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #3,217 of 3,551
Quote:
size]

Kidding right?  It is the Sennheiser He 90 (and yes it is electrostatic) powered by a HeadAmp Aristaeus.  It is miles from a HD 650...

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #3,218 of 3,551
Quote:
Kidding right?  It is the Sennheiser He 90 (and yes it is electrostatic) powered by a HeadAmp Aristaeus.  It is miles from a HD 650...

At least I got the Sennheiser part right 
size]
 They still look like modded 650s on the outside to me, but like I said my brain is kinda wired for 650s right now 
size]

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,219 of 3,551
Quote:
At least I got the Sennheiser part right 
size]
 They still look like modded 650s on the outside to me, but like I said my brain is kinda wired for 650s right now 
size]

You ought to do a little research on these headphones.  They are a pretty big deal!

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #3,221 of 3,551

Not sure what good will come of this, but in rearranging my listening area, I got most of the components together in one room for a family photo.

The panels are Maggie 3.7s

The stand is Solid Tech; top to bottom:
SPL Phonitor
ASR Emitter II Blue amp
EMM Labs DAC-2X
EMM Labs CDSA
Cavalli Liquid FIre
ASR Battery power supply

In front:
SR-009s
HE-500

Left of the stand (top to bottom):
Aristaeus
Aristaeus power supply
ASR power conditioner #1
ASUS tower serving as music server via JRiver and JPlay

Right of the stand:

ASR power condition #2

Wiring, cables and power are Nordost and Shunyata

Missing are the Grados, the Yamamoto  HA-02 and various other knick-knacks.

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #3,224 of 3,551
Quote:
^ SR-009 vs HE-500? :wink: Actually kinda curious though...

It's all good, man.  They're different systems for different rooms, that's why there are amps on top of amps; i just brought everything together for a couple quick snaps before moving them out again.  I use the HE-500s in the office a lot when I have to grind out protocols, audits and reports or anything that would keep me anchored to a chair for a while.

The Stax usually stay connected to the main system sources for late night listening or for a change of pace from the 2 channel system.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #3,225 of 3,551
Quote:

Not sure what good will come of this, but in rearranging my listening area, I got most of the components together in one room for a family photo.

The panels are Maggie 3.7s

The stand is Solid Tech; top to bottom:
SPL Phonitor
ASR Emitter II Blue amp
EMM Labs DAC-2X
EMM Labs CDSA
Cavalli Liquid FIre
ASR Battery power supply

In front:
SR-009s
HE-500

Left of the stand (top to bottom):
Aristaeus
Aristaeus power supply
ASR power conditioner #1
ASUS tower serving as music server via JRiver and JPlay

Right of the stand:

ASR power condition #2

Wiring, cables and power are Nordost and Shunyata

Missing are the Grados, the Yamamoto  HA-02 and various other knick-knacks.

Another +1 or the Maggies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back