Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Apr 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #2,282 of 3,551

Quote:
Click to enlarge:

PS Audio Perfectwave DAC with Bridge and LaCie NAS as transport
Samsung DVD (and Nuforce CDP-8 hidden by couch) as backup transports
Woo WES amp
KGSS amp
KGBH amp
Eddie Current ZDT amp
HiFIMan EF6 amp
Stax SR-009 electrostatic headphone
Stax SR-007 electrostatic headphone
HiFIMan HE-6 orthodynamic headphone
Not seen - NAD 555 TT with Benz Micro Red L cart, Audioengine D2 24/96 wifi DAC, HD800 and HE-60
The speakers are now PSB Imagine Mini (run off the Marantz 2240 receiver - not high end).

You could probably do without, like, half of that TOTL gear.  I don't know if one person could properly handle that much amazing gear.  It would be best if you sent at least the Sr-007 and WES to me.  At least.

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #2,283 of 3,551

Quote:
wow such an amazing setup with alot of expensive amps/headphones, but why the sony speakers lol

You missed the, "The speakers are now PSB Imagine Mini (run off the Marantz 2240 receiver - not high end)."

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #2,287 of 3,551
wow such an amazing setup with alot of expensive amps/headphones, but why the sony speakers lol

I must say that's exactly the same thing that I thought.

This is for all of you who are posting their $5,000+ headphone setups, but no speakers.

Guys, I don't want to start any debate here, but I'll just share my experience. I was watching The Departed at home on my speaker setup the other night and my neighbor texted me that it was too loud (it was past midnight). I told her that I'll turn it down and dusted off my Edition. 8's, plugged them into my DacMagic Plus and finished watching the movie in them.

Honestly, I haven't used my headphones at home since I got my speakers, so this was the first time I actually A/B'd them. I was shocked. Oh my God. Oh. My. God. My speaker setup wiped the floor with my headphones. It's not that they're not in the same league, it's not even the same sport!

All I can say is that if you guys can afford to spend over $5,000 on audio gear and don't absolutely require isolation or have paper-thin walls, do some research and get some speakers! You won't regret it!

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #2,288 of 3,551
Speakers have their place but so do headphones...

Also...You plugged in closed cans. You're kind of crippling your comparison as far as soundstage goes. :D

It's all very dependent on your situation. Space, Spouse, etc. 

While my girlfriend is fine with my speaker set up there are plenty of spouses out there that'll give you one corner for your stuff and that's it. Speakers aren't much of an option then.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2,290 of 3,551
Absolutely...or claim the basement, or even the garage if you've got it tied in with the AC and heaters. Heck, when I was growing up my father built an entire building in the backyard for his stuff. I understand why now. :D

Also...I wish we had basements in Texas...

Quote:
The first upgrade any bloke should do to his audio system is his own damn office :)
Quote:

While my girlfriend is fine with my speaker set up there are plenty of spouses out there that'll give you one corner for your stuff and that's it. Speakers aren't much of an option then.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #2,291 of 3,551
There's no headphone out on Viola preamps, is he connecting directly into XLR outs ?
Quote:
My Friend Ultra High End set up

LCD 3 with Custom special Shielding drive by Viola Solo Pre Amp , the Best SQ LCD 3 i ever heard

Acapella Speaker System Germany

Viola Amplifier System USA and Eximus CD 5

Y

You are right we connect directly to xlr pre out

So far Viola solo is the best sound quality I ever heard for LCD 3 , T 1 and HD 800

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #2,292 of 3,551

Quote:
The nickel plated footers are Durapod made from Duranium.
The function from Durapod to eliminate the Eddie current surround my audio system , the best if you put below every audio aquitment like speaker, cd player , amplifier .
Because Eddie current can make our Sound Quality very muddy , the result if the Eddie current
Surround our audio aquitment lesser , the sound quality is cleaner and more detail , high is more open, mid. Is more sweet and lush and the bass is deeper and tight and lower compare before I use Durapod Below my audio aquitment .
Durapod is one of the best footer again Eddie current surround our audio aquitment .

Thanks, rudi0504. Now, if you would kindly direct me to a website, would like more information for possible purchase. What size/weight are yours? What I really want to know is costs. 
biggrin.gif
 It looks like the device in the middle of the rack has 2"x2" footers. Also, are you using paper simply to prevent scratches to the bottom of the amp between footers? Thanks for your assistance.

Post Script.: My Goog-fu must be weak today, not returning any searches for the Durapod footers.
ph34r.gif

350x469px-LL-ec83d958_IMG_0096.jpeg

The paper to prevent scratches below my pre amp and Stella cda 500

Dutpod weight = 150 gram for each Durapod

The company produce Durapod doesn't produce Durapod anymore

I bout totally 8 boxes = 24 pcs for my Audio System .

I pcs cost $ 110 Usd .

Tomorrow I can ask my friend about the Durapod , if he has his old stock , I can inform you .

I already compare to Gryphon and my friend. Spike Nordost , the Durapod protect again

Edie current better .

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #2,293 of 3,551
Speakers have their place but so do headphones...

Also...You plugged in closed cans. You're kind of crippling your comparison as far as soundstage goes. :D

It's all very dependent on your situation. Space, Spouse, etc. 

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. If speakers are an option, get speakers!

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #2,294 of 3,551

Quote:
This is for all of you who are posting their $5,000+ headphone setups, but no speakers.
Guys, I don't want to start any debate here, but I'll just share my experience. I was watching The Departed at home on my speaker setup the other night and my neighbor texted me that it was too loud (it was past midnight). I told her that I'll turn it down and dusted off my Edition. 8's, plugged them into my DacMagic Plus and finished watching the movie in them.
Honestly, I haven't used my headphones at home since I got my speakers, so this was the first time I actually A/B'd them. I was shocked. Oh my God. Oh. My. God. My speaker setup wiped the floor with my headphones. It's not that they're not in the same league, it's not even the same sport!
All I can say is that if you guys can afford to spend over $5,000 on audio gear and don't absolutely require isolation or have paper-thin walls, do some research and get some speakers! You won't regret it!

Some people actually prefer headphones to speakers. Go figure.

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #2,295 of 3,551

Quote:

Some people actually prefer headphones to speakers. Go figure.

Like my friend High end set up acapella speaker with viola amp , until now

All my headphone collection from : LCD 2 rev 2 , LCD 3 , T 1 , hd 800
And my electrostatic Stax sr 007 mk2
Can not compete with his acapella set up .

I am from home audio to headphone listener .

Because I work a lot out site , I don't have enought time to hear my

Home audio set up .

Now I prefer to hear headphone than speaker .

If you look in my system for the headphone amp I prefer to use

Pre amp from T+A P 10.2 from home audio compare to specially only for

Headphone amp .

First the sound quality much better

Second I have more flexibility , if later on I will upgrade once again

To home audio , I can buy power amp and speaker or I can buy. Active

Speaker that I can directly connect to my pre amp .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back