Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Feb 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #2,132 of 3,551

Quote:
Hi All Head Fier Friends

I want share my high end set up as show in the Pictures :

Left : Pre Amp T + A  P 10.2 Germany

translate_c

Right : Stello CD Player with Stand alone DAC  CDA 500

sub02_03_04.html

p1110027.jpg

By rudi0504 at 2012-01-06

Top : WA 6 SE

Below : Pre Amp T + A  P 10.2 Germany

img2859fa.jpg

By rudi0504 at 2012-01-07

I am sorry , why i can not put my Photos here ?

Anyone can help me please , how to put the Photos from my rig here

Thank you 

Nice gear.

Feb 20, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #2,135 of 3,551

Quote:
Quote:

That Dayton amp seems a little out of its idiom there. Can I ask what it's used for?

It used to be my bookshelf amp but I have since built a Jonokuchi for that job (not pictured).  I don't use the Dayton anymore really, just haven't gotten around to selling it or putting it to use elsewhere.

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #2,136 of 3,551
There is a little more equipment not shown in video.  Equipment and cabling and wall treatments, about 125,000.  Took me a lifetime of saving.  At 62 I hope I am through buying equipment.:D

125k, that's high-end all right :) Hope to be able to get something like this once I decide to buy a house, might have to choose between that and a sports car though LOL!

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #2,137 of 3,551

Quote:
125k, that's high-end all right
smily_headphones1.gif
Hope to be able to get something like this once I decide to buy a house, might have to choose between that and a sports car though LOL!

Why not have both.

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #2,139 of 3,551
What in the 
eek.gif
 Some of these set up's are absolutely flabergastingly, excessively delicious!! I almost feel a bit shy posting mine now, even though I'd personally consider it quite high end.

Don't know if this is allowed or not, but how about an extra avenue to clear up the conscious and give a little back 
smily_headphones1.gif
 My other half works for this charity Restless Beings voluntarily, and they've started this new fundraiser to help build an entire village for 100 displaced and homeless street children in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Well, she's put my name forward as a fundraiser, and I'm hoping to raise a bit of money for the cause.

Whoever raises the most out of the referrals actually gets to go to Bangladesh and help with the project hands on, meet all the children etc (what a great and humbling incentive right?). Besides that there are no other incentives or anything (besides helping the needy!). This is a strictly non profit non wage or commission based charity.

If you guys have the time, please do donate, even if it's £10 it's still something. PayPal, Credit Card payments etc are all accepted.

___

This is my referral link.

http://onehundredkids.com/164-naim-choudhury
___

This is the project homepage.

http://onehundredkids.com/
__

And the charity homepage.

http://www.restlessbeings.org/
__

If you're based in London come along to one of the charity events :)

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #2,141 of 3,551

Quote:

Turbo Ron: you are officially my idol

It is a 2001 996 Twin Turbo, with only 22,000 miles on the odometer.  I will never sell, since you cannot get much money for these any more.  They produced a lot of them from 2001-2006.  Same body style.  Thanks for the complements.  

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2,142 of 3,551

Quote:
It is a 2001 996 Twin Turbo, with only 22,000 miles on the odometer.  I will never sell, since you cannot get much money for these any more.  They produced a lot of them from 2001-2006.  Same body style.  Thanks for the complements.  

Very nice choice! The 996 911s are a great bargain. There really is an embarassment of riches in the last 10 years of sports cars, now that OEMs put out new models every few years. Just makes buying a new car seems silly...

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #2,143 of 3,551
My First Audio System Circa mid 70s. A bit over $12k then.

Some notes on the back of the pic about the system.

Top Left: Ariston RD-11 turntable, a beautiful piece of machinery. The turntable lasted for 2 1/2 years till my younger brother dropped the platter on the bearing thus destroying it.
Top Right: Nakamichi 700 Cassette deck. Latter replaced with a Nak1000MK II.
Middle Black Amp: McIntosh 2105 105 watts/ch  amplifier- the rolls Royce of Hi-fi  but I rather have a Ferrari.
Bottom Left: Marantz 4400 125w x 4  quadraphonic receiver. Boy am I glad I got rid of it.
On top of the Marantz: the little Black box is a DBX 119-a dynamic expander that makes the music come alive. ( I believe it also acted as a noise reduction unit to some extent)
Bottom Right: Revox A-700  reel to reel recorder.
Speakers : Braun 810s (4 speakers for quadraphonic use) were good. Regret sometimes I sold them but got what I paid for them.
Music: Esperanto- Last Tango. Just about one of the best records I have heard. ( I do have a CD reissue of the record and it still sounds decent by today's standards. Used it as a demo at the Seattle Meet)

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #2,145 of 3,551
Holy wow. I had that Nakamichi 700 deck - might still be in storage. Loved the vertical flush door. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back