Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Oct 20, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #1,996 of 3,551

Quote:
we get lots of rain, but as you can see, also snow here in the mountains. and i love to listen when i can see it snowing. my preference is for a wee bit of single malt scotch when it starts to snow. perfect for listening to Jazz.

If you edited out the vehicle, that is a picture for a XMAS card.  Nice picture.

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #1,997 of 3,551

Quote:
If you edited out the vehicle, that is a picture for a XMAS card.  Nice picture.

x2

Quote:
Another Texas Head-fier! They do exist! The art on the wall gave you away before I even read your location. :D

EDIT: If we ever get rain here again I'll be watching it with my headphones on...Please rain... 

It has rained almost everyday for the past month where I live.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #1,999 of 3,551
Here in Wisconsin it just gets bitterly cold, and then we're hit with three feet of snow in late December/early January.  Perfect for hiding away in an audio cave.

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2,001 of 3,551

Quote:
The weather is exactly like yours in December and January here in western New York. I love it for listening to music too.

I'm pretty sure you folks aren't too far south of us.  We just get saved from more extreme weather by the lake.

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #2,003 of 3,551

Quote:
Here's my high end system of sorts. Living in a dorm room has pretty severely limited me on size. The Omens are a lot of speaker for a room of this variety, but I'm still happy with the sound. Very lively, very big - tons a fun. Perhaps not hifi, but such a blast to listen to that I have a hard time being concerned. There's lots that I'd love to improve, but at 17 I have plenty of time! A great start to lifetime of hifi. 

The system:
Zu Omen + Beyerdynamic DT880
Miniwatt N3
Rega RP1 w/fono mini
MF V-Dac
Chord Cables/Markertek headphone extension

Do you like your DT880s, or your speakers more?

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #2,004 of 3,551
this is the HUUUUUUUGE 245 balloon amp wich i use with Grado PS-1000 . Yes, Grado PS-1000 has more soundstage than HD-800
atsmile.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #2,005 of 3,551

Quote:
I'm 18 and I have a vinyl rig of my very own.
beerchug.gif

Quote:

revolink24.......This is good news to me.  It tells me you have been bitten by the audio bug, and this will most likely be a life long interest for you.  I started out the exact same way.  I have about 45 years on top of your 18, and I still love listening to music on a great sound system.  There is a lot more to audio than MP3 players and ear buds, that's for sure.  I am glad to hear you are an audiophile.

I appreciate responses like this from true experts. I've followed jdandy's progress as he's chronicled it throughout the interwebs over the last two years or so. His many systems have made massive overhauls and upgrades that prove to me that he's not just throwing money at a hobby but he's worked hard all his life to facilitate an audiophile's dream. I would wager that he's also a musician, perhaps a singer/songwriter to boot, and his studio shows his ardent interest in the recording field. His best feature is his tact when dealing with people who might learn a thing or two by paying attention to his gear lists and extensive product reviews. His humble, laid-back manner is the perfect attitude to use when mentoring, as he does everywhere I've seen him post. When one has his knowledge and acumen it's easy to be condescending, but after reading his posts for over two years now not once have I ever seen him be less than kind and accomodating. I think at some point in time we could all benefit from a forum run by Dan. Kudos to you, jdandy, and your willingness to thoroughly and succinctly share info and particularly, your path to audio nirvana. What a long and winding road...I'm sure he would tell you that it's the journey and not the destination that matters, but it seems to me that he's reached an ideal resting place, at least for now. Thanks again for allowing us to ride along!

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #2,006 of 3,551

Quote:
Do you like your DT880s, or your speakers more?

Hmm. Good question. The speakers are new and still very much in their honeymoon phase. They sound amazing and are so much more visceral than the headphones (perhaps by definition). The DT880s are still better for hyper detail oriented listening, though their sensitivity makes vinyl listening difficult due to the the pops, cracks and groove noise. The two have very different sonic signatures - the DT880 being tipped to the top while the Zus are so far a bit dark. I guess I appreciate having both on hand, so I can't really pick a favorite. Sorry for the non answer :/

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #2,007 of 3,551

Quote:
Hmm. Good question. The speakers are new and still very much in their honeymoon phase. They sound amazing and are so much more visceral than the headphones (perhaps by definition). The DT880s are still better for hyper detail oriented listening, though their sensitivity makes vinyl listening difficult due to the the pops, cracks and groove noise. The two have very different sonic signatures - the DT880 being tipped to the top while the Zus are so far a bit dark. I guess I appreciate having both on hand, so I can't really pick a favorite. Sorry for the non answer :/

It's fine, I understand how you can appreciate both of the different sound signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back