Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jul 31, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #1,861 of 3,551
Hey Sklab, what turntables do you like and or have? I do look the MT 10 Turntable.  I particularly like the way the platter lights up in all that Blue/green.  The sound is great and it weighs a lot.  It is substantially built.  I understand that McIntosh is coming out with some new products soon.  Many experts are predicting that one of them will be a new turntable.  Enjoy

Jul 31, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #1,862 of 3,551
I bet that deck sounds killer. No doubt. And in an all Mc system it looks right at home. I love the Mc blue meters on amps!

I have a VPI ScoutMaster and a vintage Denon DP-59L. I like the look of the Denon better, and while it is a great sounding deck, the VPi sounds better

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #1,865 of 3,551

Quote:
I thought it looked familiar, I have the BDP-83 as well and like it quite a bit. For headphones I am 100% HDD or vinyl so I just use it for movies, therefore no reason to upgrade it. I don't think there would be any improvement with the 95 when using the analog 8-channel output into a home theater receiver anyhow. If you are using the dedicated 2-channel stereo output OTOH it would be a different story entirely.

You're right.  In terms of HT Audio output, probably not much difference.  However, I am interested in those Sabre32 DACs and the differential balanced design.  My pre/pro is of a true balanced design as well, and I am interested in using the BDP-95 XLR connections for two-channel.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #1,872 of 3,551
I just turned 14 today and I am starting my own vinyl collection, and setting up a vinyl rig. Not high end just yet though :wink: Polk Monitor 10s, Dual CS5000 turntable (needs a new cartridge most likely), and a JVC R-X500 receiver from the 80s that amps these speakers (also 80s) wonderfully! Except one side has heavier gauge wiring and somehow it carries the vocals better than the other stuff so the voices are off balance, but I'll fix that.

My silly friend poked in the dust covers on the right mids because I pushed on them (around edges and not hard) to show him what a sub bass radiator is and how the changes in air pressure inside the cabinet from pushing them in pushes the 10in woofer out and vice versa. He did this while I was gone. I tried all different kinds of tapes to shipping tape to duct tape, sucking it out with a paper towel tube and a vacuum cleaner. I ended up having to Elmers glue my finger to the dust cover and give a nice yank to un dent them. I though that story might be amusing to some :D

Quote:

revolink24.......This is good news to me.  It tells me you have been bitten by the audio bug, and this will most likely be a life long interest for you.  I started out the exact same way.  I have about 45 years on top of your 18, and I still love listening to music on a great sound system.  There is a lot more to audio than MP3 players and ear buds, that's for sure.  I am glad to hear you are an audiophile.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #1,873 of 3,551
Tiny-Apartment-Fi

When your apartment is smaller than 500 sq. ft. its all about quality over quantity. Sorry about the crappy iPhone pics.

Cans: HD800 and Stax SR-009.
Stat Amp: Stax T1
Dynamic Amp/DAC/Preamp - Balanced RWA Isabella

I had to pull the A/V rack out of it's little nook to take this picture.

I've always had my "rig" at my desk, only now my apartment is too small to have a desk. That being said, I kind of like having it next to the couch. If you can get WAG approval its not a bad way to go.

This is what it looks like normally by the side of the couch:

As you can see from the boxes I'm still unpacking. Yes... I set up my headphones first... gotta have your priorities.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #1,874 of 3,551
Your gear cost nearly as much as my car today. 
eek.gif

Quote:
Cans: HD800 and Stax SR-009.
Stat Amp: Stax T1
Dynamic Amp/DAC/Preamp - Balanced RWA Isabella

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #1,875 of 3,551

Quote:
Your gear cost nearly as much as my car today. 
eek.gif

Funny you mention that. The 009 purchase was paid for in part from the proceeds of selling my car. There isn't a whole lot of need to own a car in Manhattan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back