Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
May 18, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #1,756 of 3,551
Tom, your room is going to be far better stocked than many high-end dealers these days. Really looking forward to impressions and pics! Will be interesting to see what you think of the new XLR cables.

My own 2ch system has been down for a week, and will be for at least another while the preamp is out for upgrades. I tried to stick a Gilmore V2 in there - and as nice a headphone amp as it was in its day - all the magic is gone and I'd rather just listen on the computer w/headphones at that point (and save hours off the Koetsu). HUGE difference. Learned not to take a good tube preamp for granted. 

May 18, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #1,757 of 3,551

Quote:
Tom, your room is going to be far better stocked than many high-end dealers these days. Really looking forward to impressions and pics! Will be interesting to see what you think of the new XLR cables.

My own 2ch system has been down for a week, and will be for at least another while the preamp is out for upgrades. I tried to stick a Gilmore V2 in there - and as nice a headphone amp as it was in its day - all the magic is gone and I'd rather just listen on the computer w/headphones at that point (and save hours off the Koetsu). HUGE difference. Learned not to take a good tube preamp for granted. 

If only i could have paid dealer prices! i'd have a pr. of the BAT amps instead of one :)
Wish i had some long XLR AQ cables to compare with the Blue Jeans. Probably not a huge difference with the Harbeths but these YGAs are the most revealing speakers i have owned.  EVERYTHING makes a difference. I'll get some pics up today or tomorrow, Purk is stopping by to help me get the Harbeths downstairs and up on the stands tonight. I'm listening to the carmels today. 
What are you having done to the preamp?

May 18, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #1,759 of 3,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If only i could have paid dealer prices! i'd have a pr. of the BAT amps instead of one :)
Wish i had some long XLR AQ cables to compare with the Blue Jeans. Probably not a huge difference with the Harbeths but these YGAs are the most revealing speakers i have owned.  EVERYTHING makes a difference. I'll get some pics up today or tomorrow, Purk is stopping by to help me get the Harbeths downstairs and up on the stands tonight. I'm listening to the carmels today. 
What are you having done to the preamp?

Just getting my pre upgraded to Hera II status; it was an older unit of the original circuit design. Supposed to make a "significant" difference. Should've maybe lined up a decent stopgap pre, but didn't realize it would be this vast a drop-off until the Hera was gone...sad. Also got 3 quads of KT120 on order, but it'll be about 3-4 weeks before they ship (fully burned in - NOT risking another KT tube short).

There was a set of 8 or 9 meter Cheetahs that sold quick on a'gon recently; was hoping that was you :D

May 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #1,760 of 3,551
New setup...                   

The pictures dont do the system justice. Sorry. The YGAs and VTLs are in dry dock right now. Cant stop listening to the Harbeths.  Will set them up on either side of the chair and VTLs behind the chair. Then my two system room will be complete. (for the time being)

May 20, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #1,762 of 3,551

Quote:
I love your shelves. I was looking at some of those today for the exact same reason. lol

They were cheap, look good, sturdy, and I put them together myself in about 20 mintues. They hold around 90-100 records per hole. I'm going to get one more each size.

May 20, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #1,764 of 3,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So for those who can't figure it out, what LP shelving are you using?  Thanks

Ikea Expedit shelves. I've got the same ones myself, in the espresso/ebony/black finish. I recommend doing as Tom has here, keeping a low center of gravity. Would not go more than 2 shelves high; vinyl weighs a whole lot.

May 23, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #1,765 of 3,551
Doing a little comparison listening with the Harbeth M 40.1s and the YG Acoustics Carmels paired with the BAT Rex amplifier.

May 23, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,766 of 3,551
eek.gif

Im just a little jealous of that setup....

May 23, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #1,767 of 3,551
I'm jealous of the space and gear. 

May 23, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #1,768 of 3,551
May 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #1,769 of 3,551

Quote:
I'm jealous of the space and gear. 

The room is not as big as I would like. But my only option. 15' X 20' X 8'
If i had my choice it would be big enough to line both long walls with record shelves. Maybe, 18 X 25 X 9 or 10 feet high. Would love to have a room that size to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back