Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Nov 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #1,246 of 3,551
Thinker:

Can you post a little bit more about your system.  I can see in one picture some other amps in the background.  What looks like a monobloc or a stereo amp with a separate tubed power supply.  What kind of circuit?  Cap-coupled or interstage?  Also, what kind of speakers?  Crossover?  What is the treble horn you are using?  As much as you can or want to post, I'd be interested to read it all.  Are you in Europe? 

Thanks!

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #1,247 of 3,551
Well... I'm not really sure if this qualifies as being high-end, but anyway, here's my contribution (sorry about the pictures; I couldn't find my tripod)! That's the living room system, so there are no headphones there, which are reserved for my bedroom set-up.

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #1,248 of 3,551
I wouldn't mind listening to some music over there!

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #1,249 of 3,551
Very nice! If that's not high end, then I'm not sure what is :D

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #1,250 of 3,551
Hahaha thanks guys!
biggrin.gif

It sound very pleasing as it is, the sound is somewhat leaning towards the relaxed side, but I must confess that sometimes I miss the treble sparkle that the old KEFs XQ40 gave me. Those Jamos are by far better speakers, but they are much less energetic in the treble area, and I sometimes do miss that sparkle! They do, to my ears, seem to be extremely uncolored, though. The only thing is that I don't think that the amplification is really on par with the speakers, and I intend to get a somewhat more powerful power amp in the future. But, most of all, I need some acoustic treatment!
Still, I'm really satisfied and I'm glad I changed the XQ40s for those!

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #1,254 of 3,551

Quote:
wow what an awesome setup. 

The speakers look really nice

Thank you, c3p0!

Quote:
Im just glad the room is neat and clean.  Nothing more frustrating than a high end system, be it headphones or speakers in a dirty, cluttered unkept room.

I have to agree! The rack was a bit messy for a while and I just couldn't stand it, so the solution was to put the TV in that ceiling support, then it freed some space on top of the rack to put the amplifier (which used to be where the power conditioner is now) and then reorganize the whole thing!

Quote:
I didn't know those were Jamo speakers. I have their inexpensive 2-way in wall speakers in my 5.1 family room set up.

They are! Jamo is more specialized in home theater hi-fi speakers I think, but they have that R range, which is inclined towards the audio marked. As far as I'm aware those speakers are part of a project Jamo had for a long time for a dipolar dynamic speaker, but they only developed it a couple of years ago, with the R909, which ended up being highly praised. Then they wanted to make a smaller, more room friendly version, so they designed the R907. It's still not particularly small, but apparently it does work in smaller rooms (my case) and, here in Brazil, they cost 10K less!

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #1,257 of 3,551
Don't you guys with the luxury rigs feel bad about giving the rest of us an inferiority complex? LOL

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #1,259 of 3,551
Quote:
Well... I'm not really sure if this qualifies as being high-end, but anyway, here's my contribution (sorry about the pictures; I couldn't find my tripod)! That's the living room system, so there are no headphones there, which are reserved for my bedroom set-up.

You definitely need a larger T.V.!  Get this man a projector, STAT!
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back