Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Oct 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #1,231 of 3,551

Top of the line Boulder CD player.
Ray Samuels

Quote:
Hey Mr Samuels, what's that big white chassic with the LCD under the television ?

I've find out. thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #1,236 of 3,551

Quote:
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: speakers2jr8.jpg
speakers2jr8.jpg

This is my "hi-fi" set up. I guess that it qualifies as a nice speaker rig, at least for me. Def. not hifi by some standards, but I will give it to myself for total cost at around $5000 (even though I only paid 400 for everything).

I was given the preamp, an AR SP3A1, by my uncle, an audiophile, who had originally taken it from my dad, who bought it in 1976. The Magnepan Tympani I-Ds are much the same story. I have gone through those and rewired a lot, though. I don't know why but Magnepan designed the interpanel connections terribly and a bunch of them were close to failing. The amp is a Conrad Johnson 400 watt SS amp that I bought from my uncle for $400 as he did not use it anymore. It isn't the best matching of components (actually there isn't any matching of components) but hey, I am a college student and barely even spent any money on this.

Sorry for the bad pic, but the setup is at home and I forgot to get a good pick before I left for the semester. Thought I might as well post it though.

You have some amazingly good older gear.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #1,237 of 3,551

From top: Vyger Timor deck with RB-300 and ZYX cart, SB classic, Channel islands Audio Phono stage, Graham Slee Solo, Wadia 861 used as DAC for SB and Hi-Face from PC.
Karan Accoustics I180  Amp

Triangle Magellan Cello spkrs.

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #1,239 of 3,551
Wow, what a deal on the Conrad Johnson.  I'd love one of those to drive my Infinities.

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #1,240 of 3,551
I recently moved to a new apartment.  My system now looks like this.  

The sweetspot for the speakers in on the couch which is next to the purple chair and not shown in the picture.  I sit in the purple chair and post on head-fi and listen to headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back