Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jun 4, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #556 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'll be mine in a few, he's thinking of upgrading...:p

My jealousy knows no bounds.
angry_face.gif

Also: nice avatar.

I will hopefully have a pic or 2 in here by the end of 09...

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #558 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
26401115537244598111197.jpg

Cello Amps
WATT With Puppy Bass Modules
Wadia 270 Transport
HTPC

Do I see a microwave reflected in the nearest Watt/Puppy? I can't imagine heating up my hot-pockets in the company of such gear...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #559 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I see a microwave reflected in the nearest Watt/Puppy? I can't imagine heating up my hot-pockets in the company of such gear...
smily_headphones1.gif

I think you're right. Hmm, why would there be a microwave there?

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #560 of 3,551
Also... Why put a rug under the equipment racks? It'd do more good out in front of the speakers, tile floors are a little less than ideal.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #561 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTori /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the same audio system for going on 12 years and made only minor adjustments to it. This system, more than any I have owned before (and there have been a few) communicates the emotion and magic of the music.

The system is situated in a lower level dedicated listening room. Walls were constructed using two layers of 5/8" drywall on 16" stud centers. Floor is concrete slab and is covered with the best fiber-based padding I could find and wool carpet. There are four dedicated 20-amp circuits on isolated grounds, as well as one separate 15-amp circuit for non-audio ancillaries. Room dimesions are the closest I could get to golden-rule proportions. The room is prewired for a future plasma screen and Magnepan 5.1 surround system, however, I'm a two-channel guy at heart.

The room is treated with RPG abfusers (side walls), RPG bass traps (front corners), ASC tube traps (rear corners) and ASC Sound planks (front wall). Measured performance of the room/system combination is really pretty good (up 5 db at 80 Hz is the only real anomaly).

A non-audio feature of the room is an ultra-quiet vent fan situated above the hot seat, which I installed so I can smoke the occasional cigar. Make-up air is supplied by a large thru-wall return vent. It was a nice idea but I have only smoked one cigar in the room so far. The fan is effective for venting heat generated by the tube amp, however.

Overall, I'm pleased on this, my third and hopefully last, dedicated listening room adventure.

My listening room just told me that when it grows up it wants to be just like yours.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #562 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also... Why put a rug under the equipment racks? It'd do more good out in front of the speakers, tile floors are a little less than ideal.

Iunno LOL its my dads system, I'm like the middleman. I'll go ask him. ROFL
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #563 of 3,551
Just finished reading 30 pages of this. wonderful read with some revealing pics. Upgradeitis has no limits methinks. (geeze, I'm thinking about upgrading my v-dac to something better..) Living within one's means is sooo damn hard.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #564 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by iszatso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upgradeitis has no limits methinks.

it ends when you can afford to hire your own chamber orchestra

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #565 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it ends when you can afford to hire your own chamber orchestra

Not for your life! Have you experienced the way musicians eat and drink? Regardless of how rich you are, you'd be broke in a few months...
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously - I can't even measure how much I've enjoyed this thread...the pictures are incredible!!

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #567 of 3,551
Still, I wouldn't want to have that kind of money tied up in Singlepower product.
frown.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #568 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still, I wouldn't want to have that kind of money tied up in Singlepower product.
frown.gif

Those amplifiers are some of the best money can buy.

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #569 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those amplifiers are some of the best money can buy.

Granted but only as long as they work.
It seems many SP owners are finding their investments to have finite life spans.

frown.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #570 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Dont confuse the older amps with some of the stuff to come out of SP recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back