Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
May 29, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #526 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by shirtaspants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, your nose isn't in the air at all.

Nothing wrong with enjoying everything.

Yes, yes it is.

Did I say that there was something wrong with gaming? Just that I fail to understand why anyone over the age of 15 would find it interesting. It's simple; if you're over 15 and you find gaming interesting I don't understand you. I also listed something that I do find interesting. For this my nose is in the air?

And Yes there are many things that are wrong to enjoy. Must I list them? (Gaming isn't among them)

May 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #527 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, yes it is.

Did I say that there was something wrong with gaming? Just that I fail to understand why anyone over the age of 15 would find it interesting. It's simple; if you're over 15 and you find gaming interesting I don't understand you. I also listed something that I do find interesting. For this my nose is in the air?

And Yes there are many things that are wrong to enjoy. Must I list them? (Gaming isn't among them)

Your post did have a "Better than You" air about it. Thats the way it came across to me too. I was suprised to see someone putting down another persons system, which how your post read.

May 29, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #528 of 3,551
Sorry Tom, the only way I knocked his system was stating that to be SOTA it should be using a BIG screen, ie a Projector. What my post could be taken as was a knock against gaming.

My reply was also a bit snippy, and for that I apologize. My back is out and I'm in pain. Under the best of conditions I can be kind of an AH, throw in some pain and ... well you get the idea.

May 29, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #529 of 3,551
Quote:

Under the best of conditions I can be kind of an AH, throw in some pain and ... well you get the idea.

heh. My favorite post of the day. I've had a screaming headache all day and I have not been pleasant to be around.

As for the gaming, and sorry to continue OT, I can understand why people like it, I just don't understand how people over 30 can play the newer games. There are, to me, just too many damn buttons.

May 29, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #530 of 3,551
Quote:

Sorry Tom, the only way I knocked his system was stating that to be SOTA it should be using a BIG screen, ie a Projector. What my post could be taken as was a knock against gaming.

My reply was also a bit snippy, and for that I apologize. My back is out and I'm in pain. Under the best of conditions I can be kind of an AH, throw in some pain and ... well you get the idea.

What I find best is go ahead and have one or two drinks with every pill. Tends to mellow them out a little bit.
wink_face.gif

Hope your back gets better soon.

May 29, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #532 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the gaming, and sorry to continue OT, I can understand why people like it, I just don't understand how people over 30 can play the newer games. There are, to me, just too many damn buttons.

Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your slow monkey brain... and uncoordinated monkey fingers.
wink_face.gif

May 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #533 of 3,551
Quote:

And I won't even comment on why stateing about something needs to big to be acceptable is so horrible wrong and typical american that I feel like I might as well try to persvade a fanaticly religiues Sony fan to buy an XBOX without puking over why people can be so single minded... ohh wait... I just did
wink.gif
No really... I'm cool with you Yikes but really knocking on my rig when you can't even get gaming and I'm clearly in the other end of the scale working with the bleding edge, the best pro-gamers in the world and advising companys on the subject would be like me telling you how to play american football if you where an Triple A player.

That said I'm getting a 40" LED LCD to my PS3 this year...

Sorry going OT and my speller is off on this machine so there might be errors
devil_face.gif

May 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #534 of 3,551
Here's mine. Is it high end?

Display
Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Speakers
Bowers & Wilkins CM9 (Fronts)
Bowers & Wilkins CMC2 (Center)
Bowers & Wilkins CM1 (Rears)
JL Audio Fathom f112 (Subwoofer)

Headphones
Grado GS 1000i
Sennheiser HD650

Power/Amplification
Marantz AV8003 Pre/Pro
Marantz MM8003 Amp
PS Audio GCPH (Phonostage)
PS Audio GCHA (Headphone Amp)

Sources
Pro-Ject RM 6.1 SB Turntable w/ Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III
Marantz SA-15 Reference SACD Player
Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player (Doubles as Multi-channel SACD and DVD-A player)
60GB PS3
Halo 3 Ed. Xbox 360,
Tivo HD

Power Conditioner
Richard Gray RGPC 400 Pro

Controller
Logitech Harmony 1100

Racks/Stands
BDI Deploy
Solid Tech Rack of Silence (Reference)
Butcher's Block (For turntable isolation)

DSC_0013-7.jpg

DSC_0015-5.jpg

DSC_0016-5.jpg

DSC_0020-3.jpg

DSC_0006-10.jpg

DSC_0003-15.jpg

DSC_0008-11.jpg

DSC_0010-7.jpg

DSC_0005-13.jpg

DSC_0006-11.jpg

DSC_0015-4.jpg

DSC_0009-8.jpg

DSC_0017-6.jpg

DSC_0021-3.jpg

DSC_0019-4.jpg

DSC_0007-11.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

May 30, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #535 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine. Is it high end?

I'd say so, very nice
biggrin.gif

I'd suggest getting the turntable out of the corner however. Corners are where bass standing waves collect and strengthen.
I'm sure it would sound better out in front of the rack if you can re-arrange the room a bit (without blocking the center channel speaker), or maybe just pull it forward a bit if you have enough cable.
Lotsa stuff in a small area.

May 31, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #537 of 3,551
Wow! Very nice! I bet that sounds great.

May 31, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #538 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say so, very nice
biggrin.gif

I'd suggest getting the turntable out of the corner however. Corners are where bass standing waves collect and strengthen.
I'm sure it would sound better out in front of the rack if you can re-arrange the room a bit (without blocking the center channel speaker), or maybe just pull it forward a bit if you have enough cable.
Lotsa stuff in a small area.

Thanks for the advice on the TT placement. I actually planned on using a spare room as a 2 channel room only. Saved the cash for the remodel and equipment, but with the shaky economy, I thought spending $15k in these turbulent times might not be the smartest thing. I put that project on hold. This is my compromise.

The pictures are somewhat deceptive though. I have a weird space, but the place opens up. Width is only 13 feet, but the length opens up dramatically. Dimensions of the room are 13x24x11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back