Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jun 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #541 of 3,551
Thanks for the kind words gents.
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #543 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine. Is it high end?

I say so, without having heard it. Really nice system indeed!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #544 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine. Is it high end?

Looks (and probably sounds) fantastic although the bamboo thing on the right ruins the symmetry. Maybe get another for the left side or hang some artwork to the sides of the display to cover up some of that wall.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #546 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorcilantro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree, any interior designer will not design with full symmetry. Humans don't find pure, exact symmetry appealing...it's actually somewhat revolting.

Hmm...not really true (but I wouldn't say it's full symmetry either). Classic architecture and design is replete with symmetrical structures as is modern. We should also not conflate symmetry and homogeneity. Symmetry about some visual axis' is appealing, with variations about others. Also consider that sociological studies repeatedly find that human faces considered the mose beautiful are also the most symmetric. A lot of abstract art and design surely is not symmetric, but some is (subjectively) beautiful and other not. Mondrian is a great example. His work is both symmetric and not - a wonderful dichotomy that draws you into his paintings. /OT

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #547 of 3,551
Well put, but my point is that there is plenty of symmetry going on in the space, and the piece balances it, keeps it from being sterile...I think the gist of your comments actually substantiate my point. Now maybe something on the other side, but not the same thing.....?

DC

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #548 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorcilantro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the gist of your comments actually substantiate my point. Now maybe something on the other side, but not the same thing.....?

Yes, thinking about it, that's probably a more aesthetically pleasing solution. But the real questions is, what about the acoustic characteristics of the art?!?!?!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #551 of 3,551
Love the Watt Puppies and the Sophia.

Those would be my speakers if I wasn't already set!

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #552 of 3,551
Wow cyber... could live with that for a while.

Cheers,

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #554 of 3,551
Cyber, It's suppose to be pictures of Your system, not your Dad's.

Cello Performance amps (4 chassis)
Audio Suite and Audio Pallet

(My dream amp and preamp (from 88) along with the only EQ ever made worth actually using)

and it appears Watt Puppies 5.1's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back