Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Aug 24, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #182 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW !!! I think we got the exact definition of high-end with that rig.

Do you have Amperex metal base EL34's ?!

The Aristaeus doesn't use EL34's.
There are two ECC83's and four ECL86's.

I'm currently using Amperex ECL86's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #183 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HE90

Thats what I call a clean minimalist system.
biggrin.gif

Really nice!

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #184 of 3,551
From experience, I know that the Aristaeus runs pretty hot. I see a cutout for the phones, but I think the headAmp would work better with the cover off, and only used to keep the amp clean during idle time.

HugoFreire, do you have a cover for the P/S too?

BTW- The stand for the Orpheus is perfect. It has a nice semi-circle holder so the leather cushion on the band doesn't get dented. Very nice, indeed!

Aug 24, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #186 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats what I call a clean minimalist system.
biggrin.gif

Really nice!

Thanks, Kai!
I love simple systems. My goal on building this rig was to have the best of each component (source/amp/cans). For me, it's much more interesting to have a top notch system, rather than having multiple average cans.
Saying that I'm extremely happy with it is a big understatement.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From experience, I know that the Aristaeus runs pretty hot. I see a cutout for the phones, but I think the headAmp would work better with the cover off, and only used to keep the amp clean during idle time.

That's right. Actually, I never use the acrylic cover when the amp is turned on.
The whole point of this cover is to keep the amp away from dust when it's not being used, letting the Aristaeus visible at the same time.

Quote:

HugoFreire, do you have a cover for the P/S too?

I've already measured and designed a cover for the PS, but I didn't order it yet. BTW, this cover has been made by Gingko Audio.

Quote:

BTW- The stand for the Orpheus is perfect. It has a nice semi-circle holder so the leather cushion on the band doesn't get dented. Very nice, indeed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And is that stand custom-made?

This stand is DIY and I made some of them way before getting the HE90. I've used it with HD580 and HE60 in the past.
I really like Sennheiser's semi-circle holder, it's very gentle on the headphones because the contact covers a big area of the headband, and doesn't stress a single point of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very sweet and clean setup, Hugo! Great choice on the EMM Labs
wink.gif

Thanks! The EMM Labs made the Aristaeus/HE90 combo sound a whole lot better, it's really another story now. I learned I can never understimate the benefits that a good source can bring. Source first, definitely!
smily_headphones1.gif

Hugo

Aug 24, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #188 of 3,551
Quote:

The Aristaeus doesn't use EL34's.
There are two ECC83's and four ECL86's.

I'm currently using Amperex ECL86's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, I see, my mistake!

What pair of ECC83's are you using ?!

Aug 24, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #189 of 3,551
Quote:

The rig

rig3.jpg

Looks beautiful Hugo; glad to see you have landed your holy grail of sources too.

Aug 24, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #190 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks beautiful Hugo; glad to see you have landed your holy grail of sources too.

It's very nice to hear from you, Kane!
I've just got the source this week.
You should listen how divine the HE90s are sounding. As I had expected from the beginning, this is a lifetime keeper.

So, how's the K1000 sounding?
I see you've achieved a majestic analog system there. Very nice job!
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #191 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I see, my mistake!

What pair of ECC83's are you using ?!

Telefunken smooth plates here.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #193 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the only problem is that there is nothing left to upgrade
tongue.gif

That's true!
eek.gif
LOL

That's actually not a bad thing, now I can invest in music instead!
I love quality classical music recordings, and my redbook/SACD collection is always growing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously now, I'm planning to get some silver PS Audio ICs and a Premier power plant in the future. Just to put a little cherry on the top of the chocolate cake.

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #195 of 3,551
Quote:

That's true!
eek.gif
LOL

That's actually not a bad thing, now I can invest in music instead!
I love quality classical music recordings, and my redbook/SACD collection is always growing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously now, I'm planning to get some silver PS Audio ICs and a Premier power plant in the future. Just to put a little cherry on the top of the chocolate cake.

my friend who has rig worth well over 200 k$ is using shunyata v-ray - he was testing almost everything on market - he was using accuphase power plant prior to shunyata and said that change made a huge difference in + - but then again I don't know if it's not because he has separete power line for his 220m^3 listening room
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back