1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by yikes, Jul 16, 2008.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. G-man
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Not mine, even in my dreams. Others have identified him - not sure how many have made the pilgrimage, but it was Haj like - except we went straight to Hell right afterwards, even got a postcard and a T-Shirt.

hmm, you artfully dodged the question.
    [​IMG]

so you wont let me know huh. very well, i shall try and read the books author. DAMN It, i cant. I command thee, tell me his name.

2. immtbiker Moderator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    In the last pic, what is that huge thing ?! Its so shiny, i want it.

Quote:

That is a speaker, with it's dedicated monster amp next to it - you see the amp on the left, but not the speaker itself. Budget what you would for a car for a pair... a new car. Not American in origin.

They are the MBL 101E Radialstrahler loudspeaker. They go for between $60K and $199K. MBL also makes dedicated dual monoblocks amps and dual mono block preamps besides a CD player. Made in Germany.

They have it setup every year at the Stereophile HE show and with the associated components are the best speakers I've ever heard (including Wilson Alexandria Maxx 2's).

[​IMG]

Here are 2 links:

Stereophile: mbl 101E Radialstrahler loudspeaker

Reference Line - MBL of America

[​IMG]

3. G-man
    Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    They are the MBL 101E Radialstrahler loudspeaker. They go for between $80K and $180K. MBL also makes dedicated dual monoblocks amps and dual mono block preamps besides a CD player. Made in Germany.

They have it setup every year at the Stereophile HE show and with the associated components are the best speakers I've ever heard (including Wilson Alexandria Maxx 2's).

Here are 2 links:

Stereophile: mbl 101E Radialstrahler loudspeaker

Reference Line - MBL of America

thanks for the info. that was an interesting read.

4. Zuerst
    Quote:

Nope - I believe that is (as it were) a JVC DX-1000

I think that is actually a Sony CD3000 with custom woody cups

5. pabbi1 Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    They are the MBL 101E Radialstrahler loudspeaker. They go for between $60K and $199K. MBL also makes dedicated dual monoblocks amps and dual mono block preamps besides a CD player. Made in Germany.

The best I have ever heard as well, though stately Wayne manor needed a few acoustical alterations to make them perfect, which seemed to be in the works. Still, pretty damn impressive, especially with vinyl. I could not personally afford that, but it helps keep the wife in check when I do acquire the odd phone, amp or source.

6. immtbiker Moderator
    My wife and I were with Wayne the first time we heard the whole MBL system in 2006 and my daughter joined us in 2008 (the Home Expo show moved from NY to LA in 2007 and then back to NY in 2008).

When you take your wife and kids to these shows, and they see all of the rooms with the anaconda-size cables and the price tags of some of the better systems, then it doesn't seem so bad to them when you buy a pair of HD-600's. [​IMG]

7. kipman725
    those Radialstrahler speakers look like some kind of high voltage apparatus!

8. KillersAreQuiet
    Reminds me of hard candy, stretched out.

9. jaspert
    Wow! Awesome 2 Channel setup and so many top of the line Cans too.
    Thanks for posting the system pic.

10. vcoheda Contributor
    wayne has some nice goodies. always a treat to see pictures of his gear. would love to hear an MBL setup someday.

11. omegaman Contributor
    Those speakers look amazing, Now I know what to buy when I win the lottery !!!!!!!!!

12. vcoheda Contributor
    a few pics of my current setup (not that great with the camera). : /

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Audio Addict Contributor
    So when did you upgrade from the Apache to the B-52?[​IMG]

14. vcoheda Contributor
    very recently.

it is definitely a worthy upgrade over the Apache. now i just need an 808.2 [​IMG]

15. Audio Addict Contributor
    When I visited Ray with my 808.2 to audition the B-52, I recall he had 2 Silver B-52s waiting to be purchased, you must have bought one of those. He indicated all they needed was a loving home and in 4 days he would have the burn in done and out they would go to the new owner.

I see you still have the Apache, it must be difficult deciding which one to listen to, no not really.[​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last