Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Jan 25, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #947 of 1,052
Here is my stack at the moment, not really a summit fi system but it sounds pretty nice :thumbsup:

20221111_172047 (1).jpg
Are you mad? Esoteric and Auris and it's not Summit-Fi?

Jan 25, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #948 of 1,052
I wish we could get Eddie Current amps over here.
Keep your eyes open, there's bound to be a few EC amps floating around over there. :beerchug:

The Lumin is a U1. Really, really solid piece of gear. Highly recommend one if you're in the market for a streamer.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #949 of 1,052
Are you mad? Esoteric and Auris and it's not Summit-Fi?
After seeing the Stormtank, Taiko, Sennheiser HE-1 setup on the previous page, I really wouldn't dare to call my setup summit:sweat_smile:

Feb 5, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #950 of 1,052
285B9FA0-7BF5-4808-BB83-C5E38972BBC9.jpeg

Feb 5, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #951 of 1,052
Feb 7, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #952 of 1,052
Here's mine. The Cavalli Liquid Gold and Abyss 1266 Phi CC synergy is just full of audiophile superlatives 😊

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20230207_202857.jpg
    20230207_202857.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 9, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #953 of 1,052
Here's mine. The Cavalli Liquid Gold and Abyss 1266 Phi CC synergy is just full of audiophile superlatives 😊

Thanks for looking.
Nice setup and I hope your rug doesn't scorch or catch fire :wink:

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #954 of 1,052
tempImageEdGPrj.jpg

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #955 of 1,052
This is not my main "big rig". This is my home office, small-room Tannoy setup I've been working on for a month and a half. Things have escalated here very quickly lol. This story starts out with a pair of Tannoy Glenair 10 speakers I bought off TMR 3 years ago, for a truly killer price. The problem is, they arrived sounding absolutely busted. TMR acted like they were just "really tough" to dial in with amp matching and positioning - but I knew what Glenair 10's SHOULD sound like, and it wasn't this by a million miles. I figured it was the drivers, which I knew I could still get for a good price (the total cost still being a good deal - I think they were heavily discounted because they sounded like crap), and so kept them anyways. Then, the Glenairs and their new spare drivers just sat (mostly) forgotten in a basement for 3 years lol. This Christmas break I decided it was finally time to install the new drivers - but when I pulled out the old drivers, I noticed they appeared to be wired COMPLETELY wrong!
  • HF+ (high frequency positive) and LF+ (low freq) wires were incorrectly swapped at the drivers
  • LF+ and LF- wires were incorrectly swapped at the binding posts (out of phase)
  • BOTH speakers were exactly the same way like this
So I fixed the wring, scrambled together a (mediocre) system around them, and...they sounded wonderful! Really one of my favorite Tannoys (and therefore speakers) ever. All the nostalgia I had for this model was right on. Music listening on them is such a fun, beautiful experience. So of course I went crazy and now have a "modest" high-end upstream feeding them, which they happily pay back with even MORE beautiful musicality:
  • Critical Mass Sotto Voce rack w/ some upgraded filters
  • Clearaudio Innovation Compact turntable with Universal 12" arm and Benz Wood SM cartridge
  • Hagerman Trumper MC phono stage stuffed with NOS tubes - I'd use something much more expensive here, but there's really nothing better till you hit $10K
  • Audio Research Reference 6 preamp
  • VAC Signature 200iQ power amp, with KT120 power tubes and some fairly exotic Sylvania 6SN7 - I guess I'm weird that I like pairing the 200iQ with Ref 6 pre over even VAC's own matching preamps. I also have a 2nd matching 200iQ back at my loft (they were recently demoted from the big rig)
  • A mix of mostly very reasonable and a little slightly extravagant (KE-4, NRG-WEL, NRG-1000) Audioquest wiring
  • The flashy looking speakers in the corners are Tannoy Dimension TD10 - not hooked up. These were my main speaker some 15 years ago. Nostalgia did NOT hold up for this model, unfortunately. The TD10's are still good Tannoys, and I like them, but they kinda get stomped by the Glenair 10s. I think I remember the TD10s seemed to prefer some very odd amp pairings, like an old pair of Heathkit W4 tube amps (from the 1950s). They definitely don't do good with the 200iQ.
1676009969111.jpeg

1676009985172.jpeg

And below is a crappy pic of the big rig at my loft - latest iteration. This was with the iphone wide-angle lens; these Tannoy Canterbury GR speakers, VAC amps, Clearaudio table and CMS rack are in reality MUCH bigger than their counterparts in the Glenair 10 office rig. Yes, I hate the ugly lamp lol. Also the GR supertweeters are not hooked up, and are about to be gone because I hate them. I'm a Tannoy man for life, but they can't all be hits.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #956 of 1,052
This is not my main "big rig". This is my home office, small-room Tannoy setup I've been working on for a month and a half. Things have escalated here very quickly lol. This story starts out with a pair of Tannoy Glenair 10 speakers I bought off TMR 3 years ago, for a truly killer price. The problem is, they arrived sounding absolutely busted. TMR acted like they were just "really tough" to dial in with amp matching and positioning - but I knew what Glenair 10's SHOULD sound like, and it wasn't this by a million miles. I figured it was the drivers, which I knew I could still get for a good price (the total cost still being a good deal - I think they were heavily discounted because they sounded like crap), and so kept them anyways. Then, the Glenairs and their new spare drivers just sat (mostly) forgotten in a basement for 3 years lol. This Christmas break I decided it was finally time to install the new drivers - but when I pulled out the old drivers, I noticed they appeared to be wired COMPLETELY wrong!
  • HF+ (high frequency positive) and LF+ (low freq) wires were incorrectly swapped at the drivers
  • LF+ and LF- wires were incorrectly swapped at the binding posts (out of phase)
So I fixed the wring, scrambled together a (mediocre) system around them, and...they sounded wonderful! Really one of my favorite Tannoys (and therefore speakers) ever. All the nostalgia I had for this model was right on. Music listening on them is such a fun, beautiful experience. So of course I went crazy and now have a "modest" high-end upstream feeding them, which they happily pay back with even MORE beautiful musicality:
  • Clearaudio Innovation Compact turntable with Universal 12" arm and Benz Wood SM cartridge
  • Hagerman Trumper MC phono stage stuffed with NOS tubes - I'd use something much more expensive here, but there's really nothing better till you hit $10K
  • VAC Signature 200iQ power amp, with KT120 power tubes and some fairly exotic Sylvania 6SN7 - I guess I'm weird that I like pairing the 200iQ with Ref 6 pre over even VAC's own matching preamps. I also have a 2nd matching 200iQ back at my loft (they were recently demoted from the big rig)
  • A mix of mostly very reasonable and a little slightly extravagant (KE-4, NRG-WEL, NRG-1000) Audioquest wiring
  • The flashy looking speakers in the corners are Tannoy Dimension TD10 - not hooked up. These were my main speaker some 15 years ago. Nostalgia did NOT hold up for this model, unfortunately. The TD10's are still good Tannoys, and I like them, but they kinda get stomped by the Glenair 10s. I think I remember the TD10s seemed to prefer some very odd amp pairings, like an old pair of Heathkit W4 tube amps (from the 1950s). They definitely don't do good with the 200iQ.
1676009969111.jpeg
1676009985172.jpeg

And below is a crappy pic of the big rig at my loft - latest iteration. This was with the iphone wide-angle lens; these Tannoy Canterbury GR speakers, VAC amps, Clearaudio table and CMS rack are in reality MUCH bigger than their counterparts in the Glenair 10 office rig. Yes, I hate the ugly lamp lol. Also the GR supertweeters are not hooked up, and are about to be gone because I hate them. I'm a Tannoy man for life, but they can't all be hits. 1676010794983.jpeg1676011330947.jpeg
Wow! I love VAC's amps.

Feb 15, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #958 of 1,052
1676009969111.jpeg
1676009985172.jpeg

And below is a crappy pic of the big rig at my loft - latest iteration. This was with the iphone wide-angle lens; these Tannoy Canterbury GR speakers, VAC amps, Clearaudio table and CMS rack are in reality MUCH bigger than their counterparts in the Glenair 10 office rig. Yes, I hate the ugly lamp lol. Also the GR supertweeters are not hooked up, and are about to be gone because I hate them. I'm a Tannoy man for life, but they can't all be hits. 1676010794983.jpeg1676011330947.jpeg
I am a huge fan of Tannoy. Canterbury must sound like a dream. There was a set of Westminster available when I chose my speakers….LOL. If I had the space, I probably would have bought them when I chose my Voxativ.

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #960 of 1,052
Just added another rack to clean things up and upgraded the preamp.
FFB783D8-EFCA-49B2-A99A-C4AD00B1C3B7.jpeg
808A392C-CDB9-4EE3-A6F9-46A939FE42DA.jpeg
EA2FCF63-07FB-4C7A-87A0-BE57D49C1264.jpeg
562D748F-AA1E-459B-AAEC-C1298AE0FA8C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back