Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Sep 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #8,446 of 10,930

Meh, too much audio gears for one desk. I don't think I can fit anything more except maybe one more banana hanger and one more pair of phones. 

When you can't fit anymore on your desk than you know you have the right amount of gear for your desk 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #8,448 of 10,930
  Easy solution... Bigger desk.... 
i bet you're enjoying that peachtree and schiit gear...
normal_smile%20.gif

If you do decide to get a bigger desk, check out the Ikea Galant series. Lot's of different sizes and shapes to choose from.

I just got one recently and am loving it.

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #8,454 of 10,930
My semi-portable work rig.

Laptop -> Fiio E17 -> JDS Labs O2 amplifier -> vsonic gr06 / beyerdynamic dt770 250 ohm

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #8,457 of 10,930

Amp. Denon PMA-1500AE, player H.K. HD970, Rockna RD-2 (DAC), speakers: Cabasse MT3 Jersey;
- headphone Sennheiser HD595,
(I apologize for the summary placing of components)..

..it's my second dynamic headphone rig, with Lavry DA10, Meier Audio PREHEAD-I, Sennheiser HD650 (with Cardas);

... the battle: Stax SR-404 (Signature: SRS 4040-II) versus SR-404LE (with eXStatA)
smile.gif

This is a headphone-rig that caused me a lot of emotion over time:
Source: Apple iMac Transport: AR-T Legato I (Analog Research-Technology) with Audioquest Coffee (usb);
Digital-to-analog converter: Mhdt Havana*;
Amp: eXStatA (solid state version), by Alex Cavalli,
Electrostatic-headphone: STAX SR-404LE (Limited Ed.);
Cables: Power - Audioquest NRG-5, Interconect: Audioquest Colorado, Audioquest Coffee, Filter: Isotek Orion;
*Inside Havana I installed high quality components like V-Cap CuTF (Copper Foil and teflon film capacitors), Black Gate caps, Auricap, Shinkoh Tantalum resistors, WBT conectors, K-grade B.B.PCM56P chips, etc.

Thank you,
smile.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #8,458 of 10,930

Here's a shot of my rig at work. I had to replace my Raspberry Pi because for some reason where I work they shut the network down every night briefly and everyday it was too hard to re-obtain the address or mostly had to hard reboot which caused file corruption issues sometimes. 

Anyway I replaced it with a Nexus 7 (grouper) with CyanogenMod 10.1 USB ROM with Timur Kernel.  In the photo is a HiFiMeDIY Sabre USB DAC, however that has since been changed to a Nuforce UDAC2.  The rig feeds my Bottlehead SEX Amp with is hooked to Infinity Speakers (that were all the rage some years ago).  Cheap speakers that had a good write up somewhere.

Generally control the rig via Logitech Media Server via computer or smart phone. 

Fantastic little rig.

I also have 3 Raspberry Pi computers hooked to various systems and DAC's at home.

Big computer audio fan.

John

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #8,460 of 10,930
  I had a similar rig with my Nexus 7 feeding a uDAC. How was your battery life on your N7?

I use an OTG Y cable on my Nexus 7 and it charges while using the USB.  You can just barely see the cable connection in my photo in front of the DAC.

I also have a new 2013 Nexus 7 (flo) and it supports USB DAC on CyanogenMod 10.2 nightly builds however the charging doesn't work.  I have opted to use the Qi wireless charging system on it while plugged into a USB DAC until somebody builds that support into the kernel.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back