Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #8,402 of 10,932
Since last post, I got all blank keycaps, the best esc key known to man(I bought three just for the heck of it, I wont use the 2 others), my mouse clear coat started rubbing off so I just removed the paint, I actually like it also, and I got dt770's, comfortable is an understatement for these headphones :p

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #8,404 of 10,932
HPE1000, I'm not sure if anyone addressed your mouse pad issue yet but I've been using the qck+ for years and wanted a full desk sized mouse pad. I went with the xtrac ripper xxl and i very much enjoy it. Yes, it does come in all black except for the logo.

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #8,405 of 10,932
Quote:
Sorry Im not a DIYer, I bought the floorstanders being impressed after listening to them at my local shop. It's Dayens Tizo Plus if you want to check it out// http://www.dayens.rs/eng_tizo_plus.html and also the 6moons for an in-depth review.

Thx for the link. They seem to use the same Peerless units which I mentioned. I'm currently using those drivers on my desktop setup, sounds pretty good. They cost 30€ each btw.

http://barefootsound.com/minimain12.html these speakers cost 20000$ and they might be using those drivers for their midrange as well, expect it might be the inverted surround version, 830987. But im not sure.

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #8,407 of 10,932
Sweet wallpaper, dude! Keep it metal \m/ 

....oh and nice speakers! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

My speakers are M-Audio AV40s. and I also have some sennheiser hd 203s not pictured, forgot about those.

System is:
AMD phenom 2 x4
8 gb ram
3 tb hdd
realtek alc888 chip

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #8,410 of 10,932
Quote:
I only used copy, paste, play/pause, mute, and something else for my shortcut keys on the blackwidow so it made no sense to keep lol... 

As far as what you have said, the logitech G710+ sounds like a perfect match, 6 physical G keys with 3 profiles so up to 18 macros between the profiles, it has cherry mb brown keys, it has O-Rings installed from the factory, media keys and volume wheel, numberpad, its backlit on top of that, and it comes with a wrist rest. :p 

The more that I think about it I think I'm going to just get the K70 from corsair with MX browns.  At least when I have the cash for it, priority is getting a corsair AX760 PSU, really need to go modular and get rid of this 7 year old Thermaltake 680 watt PSU.  One thing the G keys used to be a lot more useful for was back 5-7 years ago when I had the original G15, used xfire and used some g keys for my in game chat and other binds.  Now that I use steam for chat pretty much exclusively, I don't have that problem(shift+tab is a lot easier than scroll lock+x was). 

Aug 24, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #8,411 of 10,932
Quote:
The more that I think about it I think I'm going to just get the K70 from corsair with MX browns.  At least when I have the cash for it, priority is getting a corsair AX760 PSU, really need to go modular and get rid of this 7 year old Thermaltake 680 watt PSU.  One thing the G keys used to be a lot more useful for was back 5-7 years ago when I had the original G15, used xfire and used some g keys for my in game chat and other binds.  Now that I use steam for chat pretty much exclusively, I don't have that problem(shift+tab is a lot easier than scroll lock+x was). 

IMO tenkeyless is the way to go for gaming, not sure how many times I've smacked my KB with the mouse.  Even tenkeyless can be a bit too big sometimes.  Numpad is good for productivity/workstation though.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #8,413 of 10,932
Wow, some really nice setups in here. Just from browsing around this thread, I have decided to change up my computer setup.

Here is how it looks right now:

As you can see, the desk is not so great and doesn't match everything else which is black. Also, it is pretty cramped with all the stuff on there.

So in the next couple of days I'm going to get a brand new desk (a black one, that doesn't have a upper half like my current one does) and I'm going to get some monitor mounts for my 2 screens.

Right now I'm pretty much using the upper half of the desk to cover all the wires coming down from the TV, so I'm going to have to hide those in the wall when I get the new desk.

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #8,415 of 10,932
Quote:
Wow, some really nice setups in here. Just from browsing around this thread, I have decided to change up my computer setup.

Here is how it looks right now:

As you can see, the desk is not so great and doesn't match everything else which is black. Also, it is pretty cramped with all the stuff on there.

So in the next couple of days I'm going to get a brand new desk (a black one, that doesn't have a upper half like my current one does) and I'm going to get some monitor mounts for my 2 screens.

Right now I'm pretty much using the upper half of the desk to cover all the wires coming down from the TV, so I'm going to have to hide those in the wall when I get the new desk.

Looks pretty awesome to me, keep us updated, btw running cords behind the wall isn't that bad if there is no insulation inside of it, but if there is you might need a little metal pulling rod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back