Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 24, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #7,323 of 10,933
Its been awhile since Ive posted anything, Im using this setup these days for my PC Audio.

Im been using the Mitsu M-A01 mosfet amp for several years its 70 watts pretty much outclasses any of the bigger
modern receivers Ive owned so far. Being part of a Compact separates system it fits in nicely in an office system.

Big thumbs up for the old school, me likey!

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #7,325 of 10,933
Nice pic of the tubes. 

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #7,328 of 10,933
Quote:
i took care of the cables and now my desk it tidy ! now if had a wall mount for the monitor i could put the quattro directly below it....

Do the stands come with those speakers? I like them.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #7,329 of 10,933
hello to all.

this is my first post here on head-fi. been following this awesome forum for ages 
biggrin.gif

here is my workstation. question to you guys: is it worth upgrading from fiio e10 to the audioengine d1 for my audioengine a5+?

DSCF2119_DxO Kopie.jpg

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #7,330 of 10,933
hello to all.

this is my first post here on head-fi. been following this awesome forum for ages :D

here is my workstation. question to you guys: is it worth upgrading from fiio e10 to the audioengine d1 for my audioengine a5+?

DSCF2119_DxO Kopie.jpg

Nice picture!

I personally don't think that would be worth the upgrade. The A5+'s are active speakers, so you'd upgrade only for the DAC section and not even the amp.
In my experience the difference between DAC's is not worth upgrading over. Others may disagree, but these are my findings.

In addition to that, the biggest difference you might hear when changing DAC's is an increased dynamic range (decreased noise floor). Which is not really all that important when driving speakers, since most of the noise will probably be lower than the ambient noise in any case.

I'd suggest getting a nice pair of headphones first, and then see about upgrading your source. :)

Are you Dutch by the way? If so, you might want to check out this thread.
I could be mistaken, meaning you speak German instead of Dutch.

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #7,332 of 10,933
german speaking here :D

i have a pair of headphones, the koss portrapro which i LOVE!

Haha, well the Koss Portapro sure beats just about anything in terms of value, or so I've heard.
Are you planning to buy something better any time soon (you are on this forum, after all)

Welcome to head-fi by the way. We're sorry for your wallet. :wink:

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #7,333 of 10,933
My work desk 

Source
Imac 27" playing Flac, Alac on Fidelia and Audirvana +

DAC
Audinst HUD-MX1

Speakers
Tannoy Reveal 601a

Headphones 
Sony MDR ZX700

Users who are viewing this thread