Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #7,232 of 10,933
Is that an original IBM keyboard haha, very nice!

It is! Buckling Spring IBM Model M. Thinking of replacing it with a Cherry MX Blue switch keyboard though.

I sacrificed a monitor too to move my computer to a new desk, can't complain really, although it would be nice to have a small one for skype, its so annoying. 

Yeah. I also do a lot of programming, and I'll miss it for that. Also for having some information open while gaming on my main screen.

I see you like your hot sauces! :D

I sure do. No desk is complete without at least 3.

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #7,233 of 10,933
If you're using only 1 monitor, I recommend downloading Dexpot. It lets you set up a hotkey so you can move through several virtual desktops. I'm really surprised Microsoft hasn't integrated this natively yet. Plus, it's free!

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #7,236 of 10,933
Nice setup, RaybanM. Maybe a sixth screen is in order so you won't need that calculator on your desk?
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #7,237 of 10,933
@RayBanM I approve your speakers sir! (Have the same ones, just set up rather appaulingly for the TV and games systems downstiars)

Currently running on 2 pathetic little USB Speakers for my main PC and a slightly modest 42" Samsung LED Screen.

Need suggestions for a 2.0 system that wont break the bank but isn't a rip off either! Any suggestions?

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #7,239 of 10,933
Quote:
@RayBanM I approve your speakers sir! (Have the same ones, just set up rather appaulingly for the TV and games systems downstiars)

Currently running on 2 pathetic little USB Speakers for my main PC and a slightly modest 42" Samsung LED Screen.

Need suggestions for a 2.0 system that wont break the bank but isn't a rip off either! Any suggestions?

M-Audio AV30 or AV40 are reasonably priced and offer good quality, if you like a nice design the Focal XS Book but it's way too expensive ;P

Jul 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #7,240 of 10,933
Quote:

M-Audio AV30 or AV40 are reasonably priced and offer good quality, if you like a nice design the Focal XS Book but it's way too expensive ;P

I own the M-Audio AV40, and it's the best speaker that I have ever heard include big name like Klipsch and Bose Companion 5.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #7,241 of 10,933
Pretty new setup for me here

The monitor on the receiver is used exclusively for music whether it be MOG or foobar or whatever. Much easier than switching between windows!

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #7,243 of 10,933
They are great for space!

My dad and I built this one from scratch with 4x4's and 2x4's. It is rock solid. Plus, since it's not "high end" I don't mind putting nails and hooks and what not into it.

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #7,244 of 10,933
Okay guys, choose me a case for my next build. Gotta be minimalistic. The Bitfenix Prodigy looked good, but mini-ITX boards aren't going to work for me. I'm looking at anything good in the $150 mark, though I prefer something better for sound. The Fractal R4 looks promising, because I love the R3. I could also go crazy and get a Corsair 650D or 700D, and do water cooling, but I prefer the safety of fans.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #7,245 of 10,933
Quote:
Okay guys, choose me a case for my next build. Gotta be minimalistic. The Bitfenix Prodigy looked good, but mini-ITX boards aren't going to work for me. I'm looking at anything good in the $150 mark, though I prefer something better for sound. The Fractal R4 looks promising, because I love the R3. I could also go crazy and get a Corsair 650D or 700D, and do water cooling, but I prefer the safety of fans.

The new Define R4 looks great. I have R3 and am perfectly happy with it, but R4 seems to have improved in a few areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back